How do I get my child to sleep even on both sides of her head?

Since my daughter was born, she has favored the left side of her head. She would sleep only on the left side and even sit, always looking to the left. At her 2 month check-up the pediatrician mentioned how she favored her left side and how her head was a little flat on that side. He said it would not always be that way as long as I got her to move to her right side and even it out. Well, I've tried tilting her when she sleeps and I always hang everything to her right but she is so stubborn and always ends up back on her left side. It really bothers me that her head is misshaped and I fear that as she gets older, her face will be uneven as well. She is 3 months old now and I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else, what did you do to correct it, and did the shape of their head become even? Thanks

babygirls92

Asked by babygirls92 at 9:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Whatever side I put my son on, he stayed at that age. They do make helmet for that now. It will fix a crooked head.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 9:36 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Will she lay on her back?
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 9:54 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• You can buy these padded triangles that are hooked together with material. Lay the baby on which ever side you want them on and push the triangles together. This keeps baby in one spot on their side. Sorry I cant remember what it's called. Maybe check out Babys R Us or Wal mart website.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:00 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Talk to the doc again and assert yourself. There is a condition, torticollis, which is correctable with some exercises to lengthen the neck muscles on the turned to side. It happens to a lot of babies, but should be addressed to prevent issues with head shape and neck muscles. When my daughter was first born she liked one side (she was in the NICU) and always wanted to be facing out, so we switched her around so her feet were at the other end, and when she looked out she was using the other side.
    Danyellimom

Answer by Danyellimom at 1:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2010