How much to register a car in AZ?

We recently moved to AZ and yesterday got a $600 fine for expired registration so now we have to register the car in AZ because we cant go back to TX at the moment to go do it. It just seems like wayyyy to much for something so stupid. My husband "who was driving" has an Arizona license and we have insurance. the whole stupid thing is even more irritating because we weren't doing anything. We were at a stop light and the cop pulled up behind the car next to us and then when the light turned green and we started to go she turned her lights on. It makes me mad because we never run red lights, always stop at stop signs, slow down for yellow lights and then get a ridiculous $600 dollar fine for this. We completely intended on doing it, its just that its my husbands car so I cant do it for him and he is constantly working because his a manager of a store. Would they reduced the fine if we register the car before the court date?

LucyT20

Asked by LucyT20 at 9:37 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• I couldn't find the info online but you can get a 90 registration for $15. This will allow your husband 90 days to do the paperwork and get it submitted. http://www.azdot.gov/mvd/azwelcome.asp#TNR. As far as the court date, depending on how long you have lived in Arizona, you may be able to get it dismissed.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 10:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2010