My husbands Job is trying to fire him because he got hurt... Help!!!

I have contacted a Lawyer about this because how he got hurt was the jobs fault because the store manager himself was rushing my husband.. He did everything right by being safe but still manage to hurt himself and were he got hurt there is no cameras.. So it is the store managers word over his and the store manager said he was over stretching and my husband swears he wasn't.. So we are wanting to sue them for falsely accusing my husband and a work mans comp settlement.. but there is other stuff that this company does that I see wrong very wrong in many ways.. I was actually thinking going to the media about it but Iam kinda scared because I work there too and dont want to loose my job because this is a huge company.. If anyone can give me advise or just encouragement I would just love it Thank you soo much...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Money & Work

• File with work comp and if you feel you have other causes of action then file with EEOC. But otherwise, going to the media doesn't scare them so probably won't help.
    Anonymous

• You sound like you are handling this right by contacting an attorney. Did your husband file an accident report? That could make a huge difference. I don't think you should get involved by going to the media, if you think that is the right thing to do let your husband go. I wouldn't do anything until you talk to the lawyer. Make sure this lawyer handles work comp cases.
    CorrinaWithrow

Answer by CorrinaWithrow at 10:07 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I agree with Anon, Workman's Comp and even check with OSHA since it is about safety issues. I reported a company I worked for and they take things very seriously and jump on it quickly and protect you.r identity

Answer by admckenzie at 10:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Ok I kinda feel like a idiot for asking but what is EEOC??? And yes he did fill out a accident report and talk to like 50 different people about what happen and he has always told them the same story and never differ from it.. But the store manager still is saying he is lying and he is trying to fire him..
    Anonymous

• I would keep your nose away from the media. If this is the only income coming into your house hold you don't need to lose your job either. I would be looking for a new job while this is in the works cause if shit hits the fan you can lose your job also. One wrong move they can get rid of you also. Illegal yes but sounds like this company doesn't give two shits if they are rush there employees and they end up hurt.
    Anonymous

• OO they dont at all, but if you get hurt they will jump on you and point the finger at you saying " oh its your fault because you didnt fallow safety periodical"
    Anonymous

• Hire an attorney and do not do anything without consulting him first.

mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 10:16 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I agree with Anon :11.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• If you live in an "at will" state, as most are, your husband can be fired for no reason at all. He needs to start looking for a new job now.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Only use the media as a last result. If nothing is happening and you need to put a little pressure on them. You can't fire someone of an injury but you can fire them for not doing their job. Which is what it sounds like they're trying to do. If he is permanently damaged and isn't going to be able to work for a while then i would go after them but if not I would take the workcomp and call it a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2010