What did you think they would do?

Obama promised there would be no taxes or raised costs to those making under $250,000 because of this HC bill.
Zoll Medical Device CEO says they will transfer the costs of this healthcare bill to it's customers, laying off or even looking at moving overseas. 3M, Catterpillar, AT&T and others are echoing these sentiments. This will not help the economy in any way. Did anyone besides me realize this would happen or are the gimmes blind to the effects of a bad bill because they think it might affect them positively?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 10:15 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I realized it would.My thoughts are that anyone with any common sense should of realized this would happen.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 10:20 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• this is a bunch of bull...because of obama i get less then $25 a week for everything i need an i can't work an i need that money for tampox, food, clothes an other needs...tell me how am i suppose to survive because the dumb president is trying to fix one thing by taking it from other things???
    Anonymous

• Politicians always shy away from raising actual income taxes (people notice that too easily).

But they're always sneaking in the back door with fees, or other taxes, and laws that raise consumer costs.
    Anonymous

• Lol you only have 25 dollars but have internet! Something had to be done. Most people complaining have insurance
    Anonymous

• I don't think anyone thought it was really going to be "free"
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 10:38 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Something had to be done at the cost of what? higher taxes...higher prices for tons of products..more companies possibly moving overseas ..and more folks losing their jobs? Thats a good thing? Did you even bother to read the OP's post anonymous?
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:11 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I don't blame the businesses. They aren't in business for the purpose of paying taxes, they are in business to MAKE A PROFIT.

If people think we were bleeding jobs before, just wait until around mid July when businesses have paid the increased taxes for a couple of quarters.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 11:21 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Maybe Glenn Beck is right after all.

Natesmom507

Answer by Natesmom507 at 11:24 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• ALSO SMUCKERS WHO ALSO HAPPEN TO OWN FOLGERS COFFEE SAID THEY WILL LAY OFF A BUNCH OF PEOPLE BECAUSE OF THIS HEALTH CARE PASSING.JOB WISE IT DOESN'T LOOK GOOD FOR AMERICANS.OBAMA SHOULD HAVE SPENT TIME TRYING TO CREATE JOBS INSTEAD OF THE DUMB HEALTH CARE PLAN.I SEE SIGNS ALL OVER FLORIDA SAYING "OBAMA PROMISED JOBS HE LIED".
    georgia362

Answer by georgia362 at 11:48 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• I knew this would happen. People need to pull their heads out of the sand.
    Whatkids

Answer by Whatkids at 12:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2010