He who appears to know all is ignorant to which is left to be known.

What do you think of this quote?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 11:33 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I don't think the problem is understanding what is left to be known so much as claiming to know what they cannot possibly know, say, how a particular deity would judge the actions of another person, or claiming to "know" someone's motivations or the strength of their faith. I will probably never learn all of the Eddas and Sagas. Some of them have never been translated to English. I don't think any true Heathen would ever claim they could know them all - even if they speak all of the mother languages, they aren't all something you can just get from the library. But there is no shortage of Heathens willing to tell others they're "doing it wrong" just like there are always ignorant Christians standing up to tell others they aren't "true Christians".
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I believe it is very true....life is a continual lesson.
    my2kids312

Answer by my2kids312 at 11:34 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• It's a good one but I like this one better:

"The Truth is heavy, therefore few care to carry it." --Anonymous
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:35 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Sorry lex I can't agree there truth is hard to find not carry.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:39 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• "We do not err because truth is difficult to see. It is visible at a glance. We err because this is more comfortable. --Alexander Solzhenitsyn". --Chip Brogden
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 11:40 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Depends on the content and number of different sources in which he gets his information in regards to the "Know all". Of course there is always something which is left to be known. As long as he isn't claiming to know that which is left to be known as well I can firmly disagree with this. Afterall he is not necessarily claiming he knows all, he simply appears that way to those with limited knowledge in certain areas.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:49 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• K I can see that one a little better lex.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:51 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Nice perception kristi
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 11:57 PM on Mar. 27, 2010

• Hey glad you understood it. I suppose I could have gone the simpel route and gone "Not necessarily as a brain surgeon will know more about brains than a fireman and might appear to be a know it all in comparison when discussing brain function"
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Thats cool kristi this is more in referance to religion and myths though
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 12:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2010