Grey poo, more than 10 oz weight loss, loss of appetiet.

I got my 7 month old daughter back from her birth father on the 24th of march. She had been with him for about 12 days. She had grey poo, she lost about 1 lb. loss of muscle strength, would not eat or drink more than about 10 oz a day and would not sleep more than 4 hours a night.

aphrodite04_06

Asked by aphrodite04_06 at 11:59 PM on Mar. 27, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• take her to the Dr.!!!
    losing 1 lb in 12 days is NOT normal
    gray poop is NOT normal
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• rice can cause gray poop, but the rest of the symptoms are not good. take her to the dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I would take her to the emergancy room IMMEDIATELY. My first fear would be he gave her something he wasn't supposed to, maybe with good intentions or bad. That poor baby does not need to suffer like that!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• what they said....Doctor NOW! Document everything!!!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow. Um. Document everything. She cannot go back to her father if it is found it was due to him not feeding her / not feeding her formula which is what it sounds like he did.

The hospital will document it and they will likely revoke unsupervised visitation and require supervised visitation and not over-night stays. If they try to force you to send her with him unsupervised, I'd contact a lawyer and get an immediate stay ordered until it can be investigated. I'd report this to CPS, and, I would also consider suing for full custody.

It is POSSIBLE something is -horribly wrong- with your daughter. But it is far more likely her father was not feeding her or did not get appropriate medical attention for a case of diarrhea.

Document. Take pictures. Xerox her baby book and last weight. Xerox her new weight. Keep the gray diapers and take them to the hospital with you.

Don't take no for an answer, and do not leave her!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• if it was more than one bout of grey stool then take her to the ER asap. Please dont waste time on Cafemom (lol) or actually even better call your pediatrician right away. He or she can get her admitted the the hospital quickly if he suspects it's an emergency.
    threeeunder3

Answer by threeeunder3 at 11:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010