Whats up with this??? (TMI)

I am 38 weeks and 1 day pregnant and I am having a hard time having a bowl movement. I am not constipated, it's soft and I am NOT having contractions or am I in labor. When I try to push I get this awful pain in my vagina, it almost feels like her head is comming out. Whats up with this? It's so painful and I can't contuinue my bowl movement. Any help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• the muscles that control "pushing" poop out, are the same ones for when you're giving birth.
    I learned that with my first baby, was insisting that I needed to take a $hit (yes that's what I said to the nurse) and she was arguing with me that it was the baby. Ah, the joys of unprepared for, unmedicated child birth.

You should never push when having a bowel movement, especially not when you're pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• dont try to make yourself push. when you are that far pregnant, the babys head is pushing down on all your organs down there and the pressure may feel like the same as when u have to poop. if u sit on the toilet and nothing comes, then dont try to force it out bc it may be nothing there.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I am only 36 weeks and I get the same thing off and on and just give up going potty cause it hurts so bad to push even a little. It will go away eventually, maybe it has something to do with how the baby is laying, not sure but it will go away.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That happen to me.. then the next day she was born! BE CAREFUL!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Do not push to poop when preggo, I had that happen and i was like "MAN I MUST POO" I pushed so hard with my first child i ended up with a hemroid
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Like said above DONT push, you'll get hemerhoids (like me) really fun let me tell ya. It's the same muscles is all, I told the nurse that I wasn't going to have the baby until I could go take a $hit and if she didn't let me I'd $hit on the table ...exact words...all she did was laugh and tell me honey thats the baby!
    Anonymous