Want to go to online college--so i can become a WAHM

I want to go to an online college to become a Work from home mom.. Any suggestions on colleges or career fields?
Family is #1. I want to be able to plan my days! If I want to be a teacher helper for 1 day a week at childs school I can, Or go on field trips, or whatever without a boss breathing down my neck.
I dont need to get rich. I just dont want to waist my time!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in

• Stay away from for-profit schools. They exist, by law, to make money for their owners/shareholders; education is not their priority. When I was in HR, I did not interview candidates from the for-profit schools.

Start with a community college; they will likely have many classes on line and the credits will easily transfer to a state university.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Colorado Technical has a great associates in general studies that will give you a better idea of what you want to major in for your bachelors degree. That would be a great place to start. They have also been great at helping me with the financial aid and the application process and all that. I do not recommend Kaplan, I did not have good experiences with them. From what I hear, good career fields right now are anything in the medical field, or financial advisor.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:46 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I am going through the community college in my town. You could check if you live in a town that has one, or if a neighboring town has one. I'm studying medical transpcription.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2010