im 3cm dilated and i think my doc said 50% efaced how long

How long did it take you when you were at 3cm before you went into labor? I'm having my second and lost my mucus plug, have the watery discharge...but not really any hint of blood..and i doubt my water will break..i'm accually scared i wont know until i'm almost about to the end and have him

oogiesmommy

Asked by oogiesmommy at 12:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• it shouldnt be long now. i stayed at 3 for about 4 days though. you will probably know when you are in labor. lol
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• how watery is the discharge and does it smell funny? i had started leaking water from my sac and wouldnt have thought twice ab it except for the smell, it smelled like a bleachy mix of some sort! but i was dilated to a 2 for 3 weeks before that. i was 3 days past due and they induced when my water began leaking.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow Im suprized they dont induce you. At 38 weeks when they first started checking me I was at a 2 and 100% effaced and later the day after my doc appt. I went into labor! Every one different though so just hang in there, maybe if you complain enough they will induce lol. My doctor said all I have to do is say Im in pain and he will induce lol but Im still only 36 weeks so Im going to hang in there untill I start having some sort of contractions. No reason to make my baby come out if shes really not even trying. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I was 3cm and 90 % for 1 week. decided one night to bounce on yoga ball and 3 hours later water broke.
    staciaw

Answer by staciaw at 12:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• oh and i'm due on april 1st. My doctor said that she would induce me if i wanted, and i opted to let him come naturally...i had the appointment this friday, the 26
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 12:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• GOOD FOR YOU...for letting him come on his own...he may need a little more cooking. LOL Honestly..there is no telling when you will go. I was a 1 two weeks before my DD and I was 2 the week before. I went into labor 2 days after my DD and I KNEW I was in labor, bad back contractions. When I got to the hospital, I was almost a 5. I had my fist sort of cramp at 12:00pm and he was born at 7:01pm.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:18 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Very good choice to let him come on his own!!! I hate that people jump for induction so easily these days. It should not be long at all. Could be tomorrow or the next hour or even with in a week but you are most def almost there!! Congrats honey My personal experiences were with my 1st I had no dilation until my due date then with in 4 days of hard contractions he was here. My 2nd I was at a 2 and 70% for weeks :( Good luck hun!!

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• with my 3rd son i was 3cm at 35 weeks and lost my mucus plug at about 36 weeks..i had him at 38 weeks so it all just depends.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 8:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I was 3cm and 80% effaced at 33 weeks with baby #2 and she wasnt born til an induction at 38 1/2 weeks. I was 3 cm at 36 1/2 weeks with baby #3 and I went into labor 4 days later
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 12:51 PM on Mar. 31, 2010