my four year old has a bad back taling problem what should i do

how can i get my 4 year old not to back talk me

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• are u a believer in spanking? if not u tell her firmly that she doenst talk to you that way, and that when you tell her something she is to be quiet and do what is told. and if she doesnt heed warning then make her sit in her room for 5 minutes and see if her attitude gets better. if not start taking toys away and give her punishment! otherwise it will get worse. mine is 5 and i dont have that problem bc she knows that i will not hesitate to spank her rump if she gets sassy.
    secondtyme520

Answer by secondtyme520 at 12:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• the wall does wonders,but you gotta stick to it if she does it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Where is she getting it from? Be careful what you say to/around her. My daughter said something to the effect of "Do you think I'm......" when she's obviously not doing what I just said. OOOH, it burns me. She is 4 as well...I just knelt down, looked at her calmly and said "You do NOT talk to your mother, father or anyone like that. The next time you do, you WILL have soap in your mouth." She apologized and gave me a hug and we were done. We'll see how long it lasts.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2010