Is it okay to invite friends you haven't really talked to for a year to your baby shower? like would it be rude?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• umm kinda,but really its up to them to say
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• They may hear about the shower and be offended that they weren't invited. The worst that can happen is that they don't come. So, yes, I'd invite them.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 1:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think its a little tacky.
    Tf1990

Answer by Tf1990 at 1:08 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i say you invite them but tell them they dont gotta bring a gift so they sorta dont feel used
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Sounds tacky, me personally if that happened to me I would look at the person and ask why am I not good enough to talk to for a year but good enough to ut on a list for a baby shower so you can have more gifts.
    I was invited to a shower for a friend who never talked to me. I told her no and didn't go. Obviously she didn't care enough for the friendship why should I bring a gift?
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Is there a reason you havent talked to this person in a year?.. Does this friend even know you are having/had a baby?... personally - No.. I have a few friends that i havent talked to in a really long time also, and i would not invite them to something like this, a baby shower is about you and your baby! and if they are not that close to you then i would not want them there.. I would just send them a birth announcment, then if they want to send you a gift its there choice..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Very tacky to ask someone you haven't spoken with in a year to buy you stuff.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:25 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• No, I don't really look at it was oh come and buy me stuff but as oh come and celebrate a new life with me. I have been invited to a couple of baby showers for girls that I rarely talk to. I don't think that there's anything wrong with it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think that's fine, people are busy now a days. I actually thinks that's a good time to catch up and also let them know that you still have them in mind. I don't see it like you are asking for a gift, but come on baby clothing are not that expensive. I think it would be nice to invite them at least.
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 12:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010