If you have had breast cancer (and want children), please read this.

I was watching the news this morning when an interesting article came on. It said, essentially:

"THURSDAY, March 25 (HealthDay News) -- New research suggests that women who become pregnant after having had breast cancer may actually improve their survival odds, a notion contrary to what some medical experts had thought... [and continues to say]... The researchers, from Belgium, Greece and Italy, found that women who became pregnant following a breast cancer diagnosis had a 42 percent lower risk of dying than women with breast cancer who didn't get pregnant."

I thought this was absolutely AMAZING and wanted to share. I just wish it wouldn't have taken so long to find out.

The link you can find the article is:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20100325/hl_hsn/pregnancymayprotectbreastcancersurvivors

Cheers!
Anne

OmbreGracieuse

Asked by OmbreGracieuse at 1:15 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Health

• Childbearing in general reduces your chances, but I wonder if that had anything to do with whether the mothers nursed their children, since breastfeeding also reduces your chances. Very interesting, thank you for sharing!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Yea breastfeeding reduces a lot of reproductive cancers actually but not having children at all has been found to increase a woman's risk of cancer they found of a high percentage if breast and ovarian cancer in older childless women. We are meant to breed lol.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:27 AM on Mar. 28, 2010