When having friends over for the first time, do you give them a tour of your house?

Friends come in and usually say that I have a nice place and want to see the rest of the house. Do you show your friends or just show them where the couch and bathroom is? Just curious

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You can show them around, I know many people that do that but only if its a new house or somthing. I however just set up my daughters nursery so when my friends stop by I take them into her room. Just dont go over board like my sister lol shes way into her self and what kind of things she has.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 1:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• if its a new house but other than that no
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Kind of tacky... unless you have a very unique home or a historical home.

I would be a bit put off if someone wanted to see my bedroom, kids rooms, etc.... just because.

HOWEVER, if it is a dear friend that I have had for ages and ages and we just purchased a new home... THEN I could see how it would be a legitimate request.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I find it kinda odd for people to want to see the whole house but don't know how to say no without being rude
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 1:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The only person I've "given the tour" to, is my doula, who will be here for my home birth, so we did a tour so she would know where everything was lol. I don't even usually show them the bathroom, I just tell them where it is sometime during the evening. Or at least that's what I DID when I had my ONE FRIEND over for the first time lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• If they've never seen the house and I'm a proud homeowner...I'd show them the house. You don't have to show them each and every room, but it's ultimately up to you.
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 2:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• For me it depends....I had a five bedroom farmhouse and loved showing it off....now I am in a low income 3 bdrm townhouse that I would not be thrilled to show off
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Usually yes because we just remodeled the house.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I dont normally show people around, I find it even more odd when i go to someones house for the first time and they take me on a tour. It just feels weird. There was one couple, really sweet people, the husband worked with my DH so they decided to get their families together for breakfast one day and we met at their house to follow them, after walking in the door i was being taken around their home even the basement, it was just a little odd to me but that is just how they are i guess.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I only give a tour if I just moved in or if they are staying overnight. I guess if someone asked for a tour, I would give them a tour, but my house isn't much to get excited about.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2010