Hope Im not being rude but I just think this is too funny.....

I have a friend who named her son Jack and my husband and I just think its one of those names that you just came up with at the last minute almost like john doe. We laugh everytime we think about it cause its just so funny to us that someone would just name there kid Jack. Way to plain and doesnt seem like there was any thought put into it at all. Not really a question but your welcome to comment on it and Im sure I will get someone on here that named there kid Jack too lol. Sorry I just find the name so thoughtless.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I personally LOVE when a name has a family connection. Are you sure there is no family connection?

It IS a plain name but I would take that any day of the week over some made up name that someone didnt even bother to spell phonetically. Those poor kids who have those funked out names because their parents needed them to be 'different'. I much rather be Jack.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• yeah maybe its from someone in the fam
    lhernandez7208

Answer by lhernandez7208 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Maybe they actually like the name? There are plenty one syllable names that I really like but I didn't decide on any of them. What about common names in general i see people naming their kids the same things or the popular name of the year syndrome and they pick it because they have no originality and its meaningless at that point.
    Crystal8327

Answer by Crystal8327 at 1:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• whats your kids name?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What is wrong with the name Jack? What is your name maybe YOURS it thoughtless and pulled out of the air at the hospital. There is nothing wrong with the name. Why not grow up? That just sounds so childish to be an ADULT picking on a childs name just because it is a plain regular name.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OP.....No family connection whats so ever or else I would kind of understand even though the name still repulses me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• maybe its a family name, i like the name jack but i didnt choose it for my son because its to common in my area.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• whats your kids name,thats what im dying to know
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 1:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OP.... sorry I cant help but hate the name that doesnt mean I dont like the kid hes the sweetest I just feel bad that hes stuck with that name. I knew the day I found out what I was having with both my kids what there names would be. I kept the same init. as hubby since its tradition and passed it down to my son plus he has his exact same middle name and my daughter has the same init as me and same middle name as me as well. We didnt just pick there names out of a hat they actually mean something to us and our familys. I feel like you should name your child from the heart and Jack just doesnt seem like one of those names. Just my opinion sorry if you dont like it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OP.... Its not Jack sweetie lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2010