any ladies not recieve a baby shower from your friends?

Should i be offended? I am pregnant with my 2nd child in a row. I did not get a baby shower with either. On a good note..at the end and after I had her..friends and some people that hardly new me gave me lots of great baby things thank GOD! I am due in a few days and this time around...NO BABY SHOWER!!

oogiesmommy

Asked by oogiesmommy at 1:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Wow your mother allowed you not to have a baby shower. My mom told me that she would be my back up if no one threw me one but my sister offered and did one hell of a good job. She catered the food had games and gifts for everyone, we had so much fun and she decorated like a pro it was so pretty. It doesnt have to be a friend, your family should have stepped in how rude of them. Sorry that you havent had one for either, evey girl should have a baby shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• thats really mean,do you have family?
    BUSYLOVINGHIM

Answer by BUSYLOVINGHIM at 2:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• yes i do, but no baby shower. they have gone to garage sales and gotten clothes and i think that's great!!...but you know a baby shower is kinda like..a birthday..it's a get together little celebration...although i cant blame my mom, she lives out of state..but my friends..im like they're young..kinda hip..i'd think they'd be happy to do it...like i would do it for them...but dont get me wrong..i have been blessed in the past with baby items...crib, playpen, rocking chair, clothes galore, highchair..didn't have to buy anything..a lot of people were just sick of stuff sitting in their house!!
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 2:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I haven't had anyone throw a shower as well.. I live close to my step mom and dad and i dont get along well w/ my step mom.. We'll see if i have one this time around w/ this lil fella =D Sorry!!
    Stefani22

Answer by Stefani22 at 2:32 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I'm sorry, that is a downer.

You didn't get one for the first either. I'd be offended, unless I knew no one had the means to do this. For me it's mainly about getting together to show support for the new arrival. It's also a great way to pitch in and give the new arrival a start gifts and such.

I'm sorry. : (

That'd be hard. I know my second shower only a few people showed up, that made me sad. Especially since I'd said no presents, it's just a get together. food and games. I was all excited, and had few guests. Bummer.

SORRY hope things look up.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i had one...but, ther weren't many people and I recieved a couple pairs of clothes, an Elmo book and some little trinket stuff. Nothing real, real useful...LOL I at least had one though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We refused all offers of showers for our wedding and baby. I hate the whole begging-for-gifts thing. We had a brunch to introduce our new family member to the people we love.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• It doesn't sound like your family believes in the "shower thing" but believe in taking care of mother and baby after delivery. Doesn't sound like you were neglected.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 11:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• being in the military we werent anywhere close to either family with our dear son. however, family members and a few friends sent gifts after he was born. ( He was early) with this baby, we will go visist family and have a meet the baby dinner. no gifts required. that way if someone wants to buy an outfit , cool but we dont need anything. having a second baby when theres not like a huge age gap between them, means no baby shower. im sorry that you missed out on the Traditional baby shower. but let it go. throw a meet the baby bbq with this one and have fun. enjoy your new baby.
    KJ_on

Answer by KJ_on at 12:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• ya..i didn't even need gifts..i just would have liked a litle celebration. no gift begging...just a wow we're so excited about the little guy..but in the end..friends and family did show some love..so i guess i really didn't get jipped...would have liked a baby shower with cheesecake,,,,me yum
    oogiesmommy

Answer by oogiesmommy at 4:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2010