Why didn't you breastfeed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did... but sil did not... her reasoning was that it would tie her down. A dear friend didnt for her first... her reasoning... no one she knew did... and it was gross. She bf'd her next two.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• oh... forgot a dear high school friend... she did it two days... she has always been VERY sensitive on her breasts... is was VERY uncomfortable... she bottle fed from 3 days on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• honestly it was too hard i had a very complicated c-section i was a bit depressed and in a lot of pain i breast fed for about a week and then i got sent back into the hospital for pneumonia for about 5 days and i couldnt breast feed her for about 7-8 because the meds they had me taking for pneumonia and by the time i got out of the hospital and was healing a bit better my milk dried up on one side and i just stopped trying which made me even more depressed,i still wish i couldve breast fed her.
    mommy16love

Answer by mommy16love at 3:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I did but only for a few months. I just didn't feel comfortable doing it in public and I wasn't confident that I was feeding my baby enough.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 3:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I did it for a month...but, he had the most insane case of cluster feeding/growth spurt ever. I had no clue what i was doing, no one knew how to help me and I had no real advice. So, after an all night breastfeeding session where my child would eat and I di mean eat, not, "suck for comfort"...full blown suck and gulp for over 2 hours straight(I also switched sides every 20 minutes...this might havebeen a factor)......and he slept 30 minutes after I shoved in a paci and rocked him. He went right back for another round and my mom said..I am getting him a bottle of formula. He then drank 4oz then another 4 oz of formula in under a minute. And slept peacefully for 4 HOURS!!. I stopped all the breastfeeding at that point. I hate it, but, at 19 with no knowledge for me or anyone around me..it owrked out better. Afterwards...he ate 4oz every four hours like clockwork..you could time him. By three months he slept all night long.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well I was one of those people who never had the milk come in.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Anon, you mean one of the LESS THAN 3% of people who don't make enough milk? Are you sure it wasn't because you were supplementing with formula from the beginning?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I tried with my first one, but she was intolerant to it, and she wouldn't break the latch when she would gag. So she started choking and my breast would over lap her face so it was hard to see. She turned purple a couple times, so I freaked out and stopped.The ones after I attempted to the first couple days and I couldn't take the fear, so stopped.
    hot-mama86

Answer by hot-mama86 at 5:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i did for a couple months on each, it got to where I wasn't making enough, then I just quit producing. But Did it as long as I could, even though it hurt me like hell
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I did last time and i'm pregnant again and considering not doing it this time. My boobs were so gigantic i couldn't fit them in a bra. I wore sports bras and if i didn't feed every 2-3 hours the whole time i they would be popping out of everywhere. I was 36F before I got pregnant so you can only imagine what was going on while bfing. It was terrible but I did it for a little over a year (the gigantic boob part). Now I have serious back and feet problems and I didn't lose a pound while bfing. So Basically I don't know if my frame can handle that again, I don't want to be in a wheelchair and not be able to move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010