My two year old son had a Febrial Seizure.

Friday, my son developed a high fever of 103.5 F. I immediately gave him motrin. two hours later, he started vomiting, so i took him to a local clinic. there, my son began having small convulsions and I told the doctor but she said that he might only be twitching. anyway, the nurse check his temp and it read 101.2 F. I was relieved because the temp was reducing. I trusted the doctor and went home to wait for the prescription to fill (45min wait). After being home only 15 minutes, my son had a seizure. It was Frightning!!! This has never happened to him. My poor DH paniced and was not able to dial 9-11. I litterally grabed the phone off his hands and dialed. My poor baby stopped breathing and changed color. After two minutes a police officer arrived, ran into my home and shuved me away from my son to perform CPR. OMG! Paramedics arrived and transported him to children's hospital. (continued)

alejandra559

Asked by alejandra559 at 4:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Kids' Health

• omg that is scary. thank god its just febrile seizures though..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on Apr. 20, 2010

• Wow, I am so sorry. Good Luck and hope all is well!!!
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 10:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2010