Health Care time line by 2011. What are you against?

Medicare will provide free annual wellness visits and personalized prevention plans. New plans will be required to cover preventive services with no co-pay.
States can offer home- and community-based services to the disabled through Medicaid rather than institutional care beginning October 1.
A 50 percent discount will be provided on brand-name drugs for Prescription Drug Plan or Medicare Advantage enrollees. Additional discounts on brand-name and generic drugs will be phased in to completely close the "doughnut hole" by 2020.
Additional tax for health savings account withdrawals before age 65 for nonqualified medical expenses will increase from 10 percent to 20 percent. Additional tax for Archer medical savings account withdrawals not used for qualified medical expenses will increase from 15 percent to 20 percent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• and lori, I do see the big picture, only my picture is half full not halfway empty.

Answer by older at 10:51 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• • A plan to provide a vehicle for small businesses to offer tax-free benefits will be created. This would ease the small employer's administrative burden of sponsoring a cafeteria plan.

• The Medicare payroll tax will increase from 1.45 percent to 2.35 percent for individuals earning more than $200,000 and married filing jointly above $250,000.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I'll just copy and paste my answer from the identical question below this one:

I'm against the part you couldn't be bothered to mention that also kicks in this year. The tax hikes and premium increases that will ultimately lead to this:

"In reality, if you strip out all the gimmicks and budgetary games and rework the calculus, a wholly different picture emerges: The health care reform legislation would raise, not lower, federal deficits, by $562 billion." New York Times

So tell us, OP, why do you support inflating the deficit to enact a program that won't actually work unless congress agrees to pass additional funding as discretionary spending independently every year?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:06 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• In addition to what NP said....

I'm against the fact that MOST of what this bill proposes is ALREADY available through the existing GOVERNMENT program--Medicare/Medicaid! Low income families with young CHILDREN are ALREADY covered through CHIP/S-CHIP--ESPECIALLY those with "pre-existing conditions" like Autism--I know, because my children qualify due to their DIAGNOSIS' not because of income (we're quite comfortable financially), but we CHOOSE NOT to use it, we prefer our PRIVATE plans--much better quality!

AND I am against the substantial Tax on HSA's which is OUR pre-tax money, that we use for the many therapies we PAY OUT OF POCKET as BOTH the state and private insurance companies either won't cover or severely limit--like giving us 12 speech therapy sessions per YEAR. We found a way to pay for our childrens therapies without being a strain on the system, and they can't just leave us alone. This bill only HURTS our kids!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• No credit for what is good in the bill op, these ladies only outline the cons in the bill, only because it affects them.

Answer by older at 8:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• these ladies only outline the cons in the bill, only because it affects them.

***

Gee shocking....being upset at something that stands to hurt me and my family! Being vehemently against this bill is no different than your being adamantly against everything that stands in the way of gay rights--you know, because is AFFECTS you and your family!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:11 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We prefer our PRIVATE plans--much better quality! Lori, what makes your children better than others.
    Both of you and your husband worked very hard to get where you are today. I agree!!!!
    But your children didn't work harder. They were most fortunate to be your children.

My point is hard working Americans should be able to purchase affordable, quality private plans. This is not a luxury.
    I'm quite comfortable financially also. My children have benefited by this.
    An example- 10 months ago my 31 year old son went to work and the doors of the company were locked. The business went under.

What did he do? He didn't collect unemployment like most people. He took his saving (Some saved by him, but mostly given to him by grandparents and relatives) and opened his own business. With saved money and family connections, he is doing very well. He presently has 20 people working for him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Is he better than others? NO

Having money gives you opportunities. Having money gives you better health care.
    Health care should not be a luxury.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

***
    My children are not "any better than others" but they are mine and my husband's RESPONSIBILITY! A word that isn't used to often these days! And as such, both my husband work, and make many sacrifices to give our children EVERYTHING! I demand and expect the BEST for them!!! What parent DOESN'T want the absolute BEST for their children?!?!?!

EVERY parent should want for their children to have more and do more than they had/did!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• LoriKeet, I <3 you!!!! Thank you for putting older in her place!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010