I think this about sums it up - do you?

I'm politically moderate, and I love my country. However, I'm very fed up with the majority of our politicians. For yrs, I have believed that most of them really have the same attitude that French aristocrats had before their Revolutionary War. That whole "we're living high on the hog, so who cares, "let them eat cake" attitude.

As far as the health care issue goes, I think it boils down to a case of "out of the frying pan, into the fire". The Republicans want us to stay in the frying pan, screaming that this is where we need to stay (not good). The Democrats are wanting to do everything they can do to chuck each and every one of us out of the pan, and into the fire, screaming that we gotta get out of here (also, not good).

When instead, they need to stop fighting and figure out - TOGETHER - a way to turn off the blasted stove to begin with... (figuratively speaking...)

Do you agree?

sailorwifenmom

Asked by sailorwifenmom at 7:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• When instead, they need to stop fighting and figure out - TOGETHER - a way to turn off the blasted stove to begin with... (figuratively speaking...)

Democrats stick their fingers in their ears and sing "na na na I can't hear you" to Republicans when they try to offer up possible solutions. There was no meeting in the middle. Republicans frustrated with themselves for not being better when they had control and even more frustrated with Democrats spending aren't given opportunity to make their voice heard. They are shut down by the childish Democratic games, of "well you all did it". Maybe the Repubs realized when they did it it was a mistake! Democrats are happy to have this spending charge card that the American people must pay back.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I think that we as laymen (rather than politicians) are waking up and realizing that the Founding Fathers never intended there to be career politicians in Washington, D.C. We in our complacency have helped to create this problem. "Oh, So-and-so has done a good job for the past 18 years as our senator and he wants to serve another 6, so I'll just vote for him." We've allowed this unofficial dual monarchy to develop by allowing these men and women to become career federal representatives and senators. The answer, of course, is that more of us need to get involved in the running of our country beginning at the lowest levels. Take our turn, then step aside for the next person. That was the intention of the Founding Fathers. If we had been doing that all along, I don't think we would be in this mess now.
    May-20

Answer by May-20 at 8:54 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The far left....Obama, Pelosi and Reid will never come to the table with anyone that is "outside" of their box. Get them out of office and then maybe the two parties can come together.
    pvtjokerus

Answer by pvtjokerus at 9:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree - I don't believe the Founding Fathers, or the people who supported them and appointed them to represent them - intended for there to basically be a group of people who have made a career out of being a politician.

Also, for that matter, I think if we did away with things like the full retirement for members of Congress. They can serve 1 term and, for the rest of their lives, then they are eligible for retirement. A Senator made $174 in 09, and could serve 1 6 yr term and collect - START retirement - at 60,972 - for the rest of their lives.

We need to fix the system, then once that's fixed, fixing the problems will be so much easier and more effective!
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The republicans don't want us to stay in the frying pan. They want tort reform and not health care take over. We think that if you fix the rules and regulations of the law suits, insurance practices, and ethics, the rest will fall in line. That is definately not in the frying pan.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:48 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Hell yes. You have very good points and ver fair ones. But, as you can see from the previous answers to this questions, the finger pointing from the Republicans just does not end.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree.
    LokisMama

Answer by LokisMama at 10:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I do agree. Partisan politics is ridiculous. Everyone needs to work together to come up with the best solution. All this fighting is not helping and the blame game is absurd. I am just sick of hearing people say we cant do anything. That makes me sad that with all our advancements, and intelligence we are just accepting this. I am conservative, but I am unhappy with both parties. feel like the message has been lost. I think we need to get back to the people. Because the people feel lost.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I have been saying this for a few years and everyone just calls me nuts lol

BOTH PARTIES HAVE FAILED US!! one is not better than the other when both give us dumb and dumber to vote for!

People need to STOP voting for the D. Or R in front of the politicians name.

Do not vote someone says what you want to hear, But you should vote for what they have done!!!! that is why I only supported Ron Paul he has been in office for 30-years, you can trust what he says he will do. Talk show hosts called him nuts because he does not play the game. He ran for President and a lot of you did not know who he was? that means you are not doing your job and studying who is running for office. It is your job to do the research not depend on the talk radio (they do play the game) and I saw it in the last election.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You have missed many facts here. Republicans, Independants and Conservatives Do not wnat status quo. In fact there are several actions that Democrats pushed into effect that the Republicans are for just as written or changed slightly. Stopping the dropping of patients, more access to care for those with pre existing conditions, keeping your kid on the ins for longer and more being done about the rampant fraud in all areas of healthcare are some. Add Tort reform and allowing everyone to buy ins across state lines are 2 more the Dems refuse to look at. If all of these were in effect health care costs would go down and more people would have access to all care.
    Now add what the Dems have rammed in and we now will pay taxes and raised costs of medicaal devices, medicines and policies themselves. How are those things good? Dems want to continue spending with grants and freebies for those who do their bidding and we are broke
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2010