If you could change anything about Facebook what would it be?

I think they should get rid of all the stupid updates on people's games progress. That and more privacy controlls as far as what gets sent out in the newsfeed.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think there should be a firm age limit.... something like no one under 18. Hate the damn site... and YES I have teenagers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I hate that the fact your friends can tag you pictures of theirs and they just show up on your profile, above your own pictures, without your permission. On myspace, when a friend tags you a picture of theirs, it gives you an option to accept the picture or ignore it. and you have to accept the picture before it shows up on your profile.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 8:10 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I hate the way it makes your life an open book whether you want it to or not. Example, one day I canceled plans with friend #1 by claiming I was sick so I could do something with friend #2. Not very nice I know, but hey - I'm human, and everyone has done it. Anyways, later on that day friend #2 posted about our outing on her wall. Friend #1 saw this and was very upset with me. There just seem to be so many awkward scenarios like this with Facebook. I sometimes wish the whole Facebook phenomena would just die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well no one is forcing you to be ON Facebook...
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 8:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

•  I agree with Honda309.

I also wish we could "pimp" our profiles like you can on myspace. I hate myspace, but I had the BEST layout (that I made) and I hate that I can't apply it to my Facebook page! Other than all that..it's a pretty rad site and it def killed myspace. lol.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I do agree with the game update stuff. I think there should be an option of if you want to see it or not. I started off playing some of the games on fb so seeing those updates was part of that. But now that I stopped, I really don't give a damn if your chicken needs to be fed. lol.

Otherwise, I pretty much love FB. We're on it almost all the time. It's one of the few ways I know what's going on with the people I love. My teenagers both have fb pages, too, so they can keep in touch with family that lives out of state.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 10:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You can hide those game updates for each app that you don't want to see. Hover in the right hand corner of the post and the option will come up to hide that person, or hide that app.

I wish it didn't publish every post we "like" or commented on. I know we can go in an delete those, but it's stupid for it to be there in the first place.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I like the old fb set up a lot better than the new one.

Also FYI, you CAN hide the game up dates. When a game update shows up that you don't want take your mouse and go over to the right of the update and then the word 'hide' will appear (it is invisible unless your mouse is on it) and click 'hide' and it won't show them again. I hate seeing the updates too, so I got rid of them!
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 10:39 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• maybe a separate place for the game updates- or something ...they can get annoying-even though I do play some of them -I usually choose NOT to have it post every little thing that happens when I'm playing though- seems other people havn't figured out that you can deny it!
    I wish you could change colors or pretty it up somehow-more like myspace...oh well...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:42 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You CAN block the games. If you see n update from someone about a game, Horoscopes, whatever. Click next to it and you'll see "Hide" and it will ask if you want to hide the application (you won't see any more of that application again from anyone) or the person (which isn't a good idea because you'd miss basic updates). I play SOME games but not all games and I don't participate in various other applications so I just hide them. It's REALLY SIMPLE.

As far as posting updates go...well, if you LIE to someone then you will eventually get caught so I guess the moral of the story is to BE HONEST.
    Anonymous