4 yr old DD has throwin up 7 times in an hour and half..what do I do?

My dd woke up an hour and half ago thrown up. She says her lower abdomen (sp) hurts. She is pale and sweating. She has thrown up 7-8 times and the last time had prob. a teaspoon of blood in it. She feels a little warm to the touch. She says shes very thirsty and I give her tiny sips of sprite but it just comes right back up. She keeps closing and opening her eyes and then spaces out but when I ask her questions she will answer me with yes or no but not very talkative. I know Im just being a over paranoid momma but should we just wait it out or should I take her to the doc?

AProsser

Asked by AProsser at 8:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• if there is blood in the vomit it could be because she has been vomiting so much... but if it were me I would take her in just to be sure. do you think the pain was the on set of the vomiting or is she tender in her tummy area?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Thats a good question. Shes asleep right now but when she wakes up Ill push on her tummy and see. If it is then what? How long can she go without drinking fluids and throwing up like that before I worry about her getting dehydated?
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 8:36 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Call her doctor, see what he/she says.

Answer by louise2 at 8:38 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Her doc isnt open untill 11am and I cant seem to get thru there after hours phone line.
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 8:44 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• well, without knowing if it's tender or not, i can only go by my own experience. i did the same thing when i was in high school... my tummy was tender, and it was appendicitis. i would err on the side of caution and call the hospital and ask them if you should bring her in. ii wouldn;t give her sprite until she hasn't been vomiting for a while. do water. sprite is too much sugar at this point.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 9:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I called her doctor and he said to take her to ER so as soon as my Dh returns from work were headed that way. Ive been giving her sips of diet sprite. She refused the water so diet sprite is better then nothing. Thanks much for your help!!
    AProsser

Answer by AProsser at 9:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I was thinking it sounds like it could be appendicitis also. Hope she feels better!! Good luck!
    baboluchi56

Answer by baboluchi56 at 9:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Welcome to Dr. CafeMom.
    mama2conor

Answer by mama2conor at 12:27 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Sounds like appendicitis. . . I would call her pediatrician or take her in. If it is appendicitis there is the chance of it rupturing, so it's better to be safe.
    Panditacjp

Answer by Panditacjp at 11:00 AM on Mar. 29, 2010