why are kids so mean????

I took my 4 year old DD to an Easter party yesturday 7 she only knew one kid, which was the kid having the party. So my DD wanted to play with her & she was so mean to my DD. She wouldn't let her in her playhouse and would run off from her. It broke my heart & to be honest, I wanted to punh the little girl! LOL! How do you deal with this without getting so mad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you help your daughter learn how to make friends. heck 7 yr olds make friends in a heart beat. you help her to find the words to go up to one of the other guests and say "Hi my name is ___, do you want to go play XYZ" and/or you help her find the words to tell the little girl who was 'being mean'. "You are not playing nice with me and it is hurting my feelings".... BUT make sure she doesnt go into whiney victim mode. Kids need to learn to verbalize that they are not happy with others behaviors but not mope about. It is an on going process and will get easier and easier .

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Because their parents allow them to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree alot of it falls on the parents.

anon 9:43, well stated.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 12:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree with anon 8:50am, it's because the parents allow them to be that way. Also, your daughter needs friends her age, not 7 year olds.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010