I feel / look different around other moms.......

I went to an Easter egg hunt / party with my 4 year old daughter yesturday & most moms their were close to my age which is 32. They are all wearing mom jeans, brown loafers & look all reserved. I have on snake skin flats, jeans rolled up, & a black top and my hair is brownd and blonde highlighted. Anybody else feel like this around other moms? I just can't imagine looking that reserved!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Im sure they were jealous of you. I live in so. cal. and you would have fit in just fine. heck the 50 yr old moms I hang with dress like you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

•  Shoot, I'm totally different from your "typical" mom (not just on the outside), and that's what makes me rad. haha.

I couldn't care less what other people think of me, anyway..I am who I am, I dress how I want -  and those things have nothing to do with the fact that I am an amazing Mom.

ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 9:52 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I usually feel like that around other moms but because they all look they spent what we make on clothes alone. I would rather be comfortable than following trend after trend. I couldn't care less to look like I'm trying to keep up with celebs and fads.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I can assure you us comfy moms in mom jeans and loafers are not jealous. We are just not overly obsessed with how we look. I am also 32, so maybe it's just a personality trait of yours that you need to stand out, for whatever reason. Don't let it bother you. Do your thing. Being reserved is a choice. I like it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 10:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I feel that way sometimes. But I usually feel that way because I am 22 and alot of other moms I have seen my age are not dressing reserved, just the opposite. Having things hanging out and shorts and skirts too short. I think being stylish is nice. I try to dress nice, but I keep it covered. I just feel like when I go to mom groups and such I feel overdressed. But dress how you like. Taking time for yourself is important and wanting to look good in your own way shouldnt change just because you have a child.
    Sillybillymel

Answer by Sillybillymel at 11:00 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i feel that way, but for a different reason..
    Im overweight & hate it, so my clothes dont fit very nicely. Im not great at make-up so i dont wear very much, i dont go & get my eyebrows waxed as often as i should.
    so i just feel as though all those other moms are "better than me" they look nice, their kids have cute outfits with matching bows & shoes & they are just "picture ready"..... im sooo not!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I feel kinda the same way, except I'm 21. I feel like people look at my funny because I don't wear "mommy" clothes. I still like to wear nice clothes, and stylish when I can. I just lost a LOT of weight and like to show off my body (not showing skin, but snug clothes). And it doesn't help that I'm a single mother, so I get a lot of weird and downcast looks. Anyone else (around here) that's my age with kids is already in the mommy-clothes things. I don't want to look like MY mom, so I refuse to go out looking like crap if I can help it.....No offense to anyone, that is just my stand on it...And there's nothing wrong with that. :)
    Anonymous

• I wear what I am comfortable in and what compliments my figure. I really don't look around and worry what others wear to each their own if they feel comfortable and feel they look good that is wonderful. I was lucky to have a mom who said to be me and to hell with what others thought. She also taught us to not judge others by their appearance.
    momtolucas2002

Answer by momtolucas2002 at 1:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I wear what makes me happy and comfortable!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 7:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010