Anyone in Florida.....

With a concealed carry permit? How much of a pain in the arse is it to get?

I just basically inherited a little .22 Magnum derringer from my husband's grandfather, along with a bunch of other guns, and we're planning on looking into getting concealed carry permits.

LokisMama

Asked by LokisMama at 9:45 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have one but don't carry it so never got a concealed carry permit. I don't think they are a hassle. Just go to a gun shop and register for one.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My husband has his. I took the small arms training class with him (which was an 8 hour day, with class and range time and a written test) but decided not to get my permit. After the class, he got his certificate, which then you take to the DMV along with birth certificate, get your picture taken for your permit, and they process all the info. You go to another location to get your fingerprinting done. It took about 2-3 months to get the permit in the mail. So it is a process.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010