IM GOING INSANE!

-my puppy will not stop whining unless i am right next to him, he is not potty trained yet so have him on a long leash and he yells well more like screams if i am not sitting on the floor right next to him, it is 4 am and i am tired, he sleeps in his kennel for a good 4 hours, then screams! (I TAKE HIM POTTY AND MAKE SURE HE DOES NOT NEED ANYTHING).... when i put him on his leash he screams and whines so loud im scared were going to get evicted! im already supposed to be on bed rest and have to take care of a 10 month old and now this puppy because my husband refuses to help, and if he does he gets so mad he is verbally abusive and threatens to drown the dog and grabs him hard! he is only a puppy..... i dont know what to do to get the dog to stop crying.... even if im in the same room sitting on the couch he is screaming..... HELP PLEASE

joycegina

Asked by joycegina at 9:50 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pets

• My mom is a dog trainer and she used to use one of those collars that zap them if they make noise. It helps them learn to not bark or whine. Don't worry, it doesn't really hurt them. It's just a quick zap.
    hornz102485

Answer by hornz102485 at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Maybe you should get rid of the puppy and wait until you are better able to care for one. With you being on bed rest and all it's not good for you to have to deal with that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Try a wind up clock wrapped in blanket. The tick tock sometimes soothes them when they're this little.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 9:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I know how this can be. Instead of putting the puppy onto a leash why don't you put him back into his kennel? How old is your puppy? What kind of dog is your puppy? I know a puppy can be a handful and your husband needs to realize that you need help with him (EXPECIALLY since there is a baby in the house too).
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 10:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• How old is this puppy?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• he is an alaskan malamutel sierian husky mic, he is 8 weeks old, i meant he even screams furing the day when he is on a leash... but i gave him a warm waterbottle covered in a blanket and he just snuugled up to it just now and fell asleep!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 10:23 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I agree with Anon:58. I'm not trying to sound like I'm bashing you, but if you're on bed rest, what made you decide to get a puppy in the first place? Puppies are cute but they are a lot of hard work. If you are on bed rest, have a baby or small children, I really think a puppy is the last thing you need. I think getting an older dog - maybe 2 or 3 years old, that has been fostered is a better way to go or wait until the youngest child is closer to 3 or 4 years old to get a puppy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Hold him, cuddle him, he just like a baby. He wants and physical attention.
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• first off anon... i just got put on bedrest today, seceond the puppy was not my idea i said no, there was no stopping my husband.... why would you assumei got the puppy after i was put on bedrest!?
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 3:33 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Gina why isnt Justin taking his 2 weeks off that he has from getting back? He needs to take that leave so that you can rest. If he doesn't start taking care of you I will be over there and you and aiden are coming to stay here. This is not acceptable. You can even bring the puppy if you are worried.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 4:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010