How many in the Tea Party have jobs?

Or are on Social Security

Welfare?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/03/28/us/politics/28teaparty.html

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Tea Party groups like FreedomWorks recognize that they are benefiting from the labor of many people who have been hit hard economically. But its chairman, the former House majority leader Dick Armey, argued that their ranks will remain strong — and connected — even as members find work.

“I see these folks as pretty much the National Guard,” Mr. Armey said. “They will go back to their day jobs, they will go back to their Little League and their bridge club. But they will have their activism at the ready, and they will stay in touch.”

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Aren't Tea Party goers senior citizens?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I am not seeing the problem here. If they are on welfare and SS because they NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it and are NOT abusing the system. You pay into SS and you SHOULD get it if you need it. Your TAXES go to pay for FS and PA and such so if you NEED it for temporary relief...ok. What MANY people arent GETTING 9because they dont WANT to) is that the Tea party people aren't big O meanies. They are regular Americans that are tired of the big spending, the corrupt Washington ways, and the backroom deals for special interest. If you are trying to find a correlation between this HC bill and the TEA party people denying people help them you arent paying attention. This bill only increased help for the poor (they already GOT help) and is upping the taxes on the rich........For the middle class it did NOTHING! ALSO Obama has been SO focused on this CRAPPY bill that he has done NOTHING to help the JOB CRISIS...HELLOO!!!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:19 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• momof

How do you know they NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED it? How do you know they are not just abusing the system? If they need it so bad, why aren't they out looking for jobs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• My husband and I both gainfully employed, as are all of the people I know personally that are part of or support the T.E.A. Party movement. What's your question?

stick out tongue mini

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:26 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• HA!

I read this early and just laughed!

If they were Obama volunteers they would be shredded for being unemployed and spending their days volunteering......but apparently stapling a tea bag to your hat and spending your days protesting the President is a perfectly good reason NOT TO LOOK FOR A JOB!!!! lol...

With the unemployment extensions being blocked right now, they better START looking!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I dont know. But I DO know that there are many that get on the system and never get off. I KNOW people who have told me how they get around the restrictions. My DH has too. I have been ON the system and seen the abuse first hand. There are entirely too many loop holes and you can say what you want but racism ABOUNDS in those places. I was treated like CRAP while others WERENT.....and it was ALL based on race. But back to the subject. My POINT was that I dont care if they are on it as long as they need it. If they DONT and are abusing the system I will be the first to stand up and call foul!

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 10:31 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• People have different reason for wanting the government to get out of their lives... Stop over spending.. Unemployed people are tired of government intervention that has put companies out of business (See Oregon Loggers). Many in Michigan are upset over the government takeover of GM/Chrysler THEN a plant opening was announced in Biden's home state. Should they stop accepting the programs they have paid into? That would be silly.

So, Stop extending unemployment with NO idea how to fund.... Stop spending and analyze, HOW is SS and Medicaid going to survive the babyboomers golden years??? Level the playing field~Fair Tax so EVERYONE contributes to our government spending by consumer purchase~ Including illegal aliens. Fair Tax~LESS waste and corruption. Corporate Tax Holiday to encourage more business development... jmo

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• HA!

I read this early and just laughed!

***
    So you laugh at people who are unemployed and "less fortunate" than you?! That's not being very nice and "tolerant," now is it?! Did you like it when people "laughed" at you when both you and your husband were unemployed? Didn't think so.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:01 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• T.E.A. Party movement seem to be all working. A lot look like they are small business owners. Yes a lot are senior citizens because they have seen what has happen in the years past and can not be fooled. They remember America as it use to be!!!!

The T.E.A parties I have been since 2007 have been all been working class people.

not that many on Welfare or not at all, they vote for the party that keeps them in Welfare.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010