WHY would you say something like that?

New Hampshire State Rep. Nick Levasseur has apologized for saying, "Anime is a prime example of why two nukes just wasn't enough," on Facebook..

The Manchester Democrat quickly backpedaled. "I would like to deeply apologize for the insensitivity of this post. It was a poorly thought out comment, posted jest on my private Facebook page," Levasseur said in a statement.

"This, of course, does not excuse the comment. This type of statement has no place in public or private discourse. It does not represent any true opinion, political or personal."

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Wow...a DEMOCRAT said this?! You mean, it's not just Republicans who say "off color" things?!

stick out tongue mini

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow...a DEMOCRAT said this?! YES

You mean, it's not just Republicans who say "off color" things?! WHo said it was?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:30 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Just going by past history there, sweets.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:35 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I find a lot of things our elected officials say unacceptable. It sounds like a really insensitive joke about him not liking anime. I won't get a bee in my bonnet for it though.

On another note, I know an writer that has been published in many languages, but she really really wants one of her books in anime. I'm personally not into it, but I think it would be really cool for her.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Boy, I wonder what the liberal media will say about him? Let's 'wait and see' if the criticism he receives is anything compared to that of what Conservatives receive.... Everyone sticks their foot in their mouth, but the problem in our society is that the media bias beats 'one side' to death over their comments..All while giving a bias to the other side. hrmmmmmm

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 10:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What an ass.

My husband is an avid anime fan, and I'm an occasional watcher.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 11:07 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• LOL Sometimes politicians just need to keep their opinions to themselves. Just more proof something
    happens to a person after being in politics for long.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You mean democrats can be racist too?! The media has lied to me.....
    Knowing them, they'll find a way to spin it though. They always do.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:03 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• When will this make the evening news? What, it won't???? How odd. But at the same time, predictable.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• oh come on. Fox may report it, since they're the only conservative media.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 1:25 PM on Mar. 28, 2010