how much should I??

How much should I be lifting? I'm five weeks pregnant going on six and I walk to my laundry mat so how much is safe to lift?? My husband said I can lift what I want as long as I don't over excert myself in the process that true??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Your hubby is right. Man I carry my 40lb daugther around the house at times.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:29 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Your husband is right. Just don't strain yourself (as long as you aren't a high risk pregnancy). The problem with lifting actually is worse during the third trimester rather than early pregnancy. Later in the pregnancy lifting or straining of any kind can easily injure your softened ligaments.

During my 3rd pregnancy, I was lifting my 65 lb double stroller in and out of the back of my van all the way up to just a few days before I deliverd. I don't recommend it; my dr got onto me for it. I just did what I had to do, but I lifted slowly and bent my knees instead of my waste.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:33 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Just be careful. Some people go over board with it and you will notice that the further you get. I'm a dyi type of girl and it got quite annoying that no one would let me carry anything. There would be a bag with 2 cans in it and someone would take it from me and tell me that I was pregnant and shouldn't carry it. You will know when it is to heavy for you.
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 5:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2010