Anybody have any ideas on what to do when you know you are going to be a little short of the bills in April?

Like $50 short.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• Sell something on ebay or go to a consignment shop and sell some stuff. Or just ask a family member to spot you 50 bucks. Good luck!
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 10:53 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Thanks. The thing that sucks is we end up borrowing money at the end of every month and we pay it back on the 1st and that just throws us off.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• We have limited income and it seems no matter how well I plan the budget we always end up broke halfwat through the month and have some reason where we are forced to borrow from friends in our church and then we pay them back when I get I get my SSI check.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I run a home business so I start calling customers to get 1 or 2 more home shows because each show I make at least $100 in my pocket. If you need some quicker money I suggest a Yard Sale!!! That's usually some quicker money or selling stuff on Ebay can be good too!!!! GOOD LUCK!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 11:12 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Not buy as much food, the stuff you do not really need.
    Stop borrowing money, See where you can cut back on things light Electicity, gas, food.

Answer by louise2 at 11:21 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Drink more water than soda, coffee or juice. Bake desserts instead of buying them. Walk to your destination if possible, saving on gas or transit or car pool. GL
    QandA

Answer by QandA at 11:24 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• If there is absoloutely not anywhere else to limit your spending to make up for the $50 call up whatever utility or payment you will be short with & tell them NOW that you will be short, & tell them how much you can pay. They will most likely give you the option of making a payment on the phone (do it) & then they'll ask when you will be able to pay the rest of the bill. If you'll have the money the following paycheck then tell them the date & DO NOT be late.

You may still feel like you are playing catch-up but, at least you won't anyone anything.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• *at least you won't owe anyone anything, I meant
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I recommend trying to sell on ebay or craigslist even. Good luck!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 11:59 AM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Start looking for another job.
    Anonymous