why my 3 years old oughter can't slepp at night

I'm really tired and desperated.

owocowa

Asked by owocowa at 11:49 AM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Does she take a nap during the day? If so then keep her up. I don't know your situation and you don't say why you think she can't sleep. Does she go to sleep then wake or does she have dreams or is she not able to go to sleep.
    Some kids sleep less than others. It might help to get her a bedside lamp and let her look at books at night but tell her she is not to get out of bed and is not to call you unless it is an emergency. Set rules and get her into a routine before bed and before she falls asleep. Does she get a warm bath before bed? A glass of milk? These are a couple of things thathelp induce sleep.
    During the day make sure she gets plenty of activity time. Can you put her in ballet or a play group or just go to the park every day. Just something to get her active.
    Check with your Dr for any natural things you can give her and to make sure there is no underlying cause.
    Good luck.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:56 AM on Mar. 28, 2010