Am I bein selfish?

My DH wants to go "watch the game" or grab a beer with friends or even do other things (w/o our son) and I take him every where! Im a SAHM who babysits for my friend (7 mon old) M-F 8-5. I need a break too! So am I wrong for havn a attitude with him?

AiDeNsMoM3806

Asked by AiDeNsMoM3806 at 8:27 PM on Jun. 26, 2008 in Relationships

• Have you actually sat down with him and explained that you need a break too? If not, then that's your first step. My husband gets his time out of the house, but on the condition that I get mine too!
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 8:29 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• You need your time as much as he does....Have you told him that??
    If so and he doesn't seem to understand then no your not wrong to have some attitude about it, However if you haven't spoken up then don't complain....
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 8:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• I totally agree w/ the above replies! Have a talk w/ him & communicate ur frustrations...if he still doesnt understand then ur attitude is justified! I feel ya girl...let him know that a happy mommy = a good mommy! =]
    vanyas_closet

Answer by vanyas_closet at 8:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• Yes we've talked...its like beatin a dead horse. Things change for a week then its back to this!
    AiDeNsMoM3806

Answer by AiDeNsMoM3806 at 9:17 PM on Jun. 26, 2008

• since youve already talked see if maybe you can start with small steps like ask your friend whos child you watch to maybe one day watch your child and you and your dh can go to a movie together...or someother activity together...small things like that...then maybe even out opn your own or with yuor other friends...i have a group of friends and we are all single moms...and we rotate one week ill watch all the kids and they will go out and have fun..then next week another mom will watch the kids and we will all go out...maybe you could find something like that too
    ladiematrix

Answer by ladiematrix at 2:39 AM on Jun. 27, 2008

• NO. BUT...
    #1 YEA HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GO OUT WITH HIS GUY FRIENDS~BUT SO SHOULD YOU, WITH YOUR LADY FRIENDS(AND HE WATCHS THE BABY FOR YOU). OR MAKE COUPLE OUTINGS.
    #2 THERE SHOULD BE AN UNDERSTAND ABOUT HOW OFTEN HE DOES GO OUT SAY IN A MONTH/WEEK AND THAT YOUR OK WITH THAT AMOUNT OF TIMES.
    **YOU SHOULD TALK TO HIM ABOUT YOUR FEELINGS AND I KNOW ITS HARD BUT TRY NO TO SOUND NAGGY ABOUT IT. GOOD LUCK! ~KAY :)
    KAYOCHOA

Answer by KAYOCHOA at 5:56 PM on Jun. 27, 2008

• Get yourself a babysitter and GO OUT!! Get out with your friends and see how he likes it. His tune may change.
    momto1727

Answer by momto1727 at 1:29 PM on Jul. 2, 2008