At what age can my daughter be put on a walker?

Shes gonna be 5 months on the 29th

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:09 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Walkers say 4 months but I wouldn't reccomend one. They are unsafe but exersaucers are safe and look alot more fun.
    Anonymous

• Walkers are ok...if you watch her like a hawk. And if the room she is in is just an open one (no stairs, nothing she can reach and pull down). And I say about when she can hold herself up and has really good neck and head and back control. If she can almost sit on her own.
    Anonymous

• Never. They hurt their hips. They're banned in Canada for a reason.
    Anonymous

• I stuck my son in one about 4 months old but he really didn't do much in it til about 6 months...he like his exersaucer the most at 4 months
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• use a saucer, or a jumperoo....they're MUCH safer.

walkers have been banned for a reason. the US is the only country that they have NOT been banned in.....
    Anonymous

• i would put my son in one around three months just to sit there and play with the little toys. he never really used one the traditional way bc we had high pile carpet. but i would say as long as you're watching her and not letting her hit the walls too hard go ahead if you feel you want to
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• we would put our daughter in hers in the bathroom while we showered...our bathroom is so small that she can't move..and when we used to put her in the living room she would get bored of it...the only reason she liked it was because i would give her baby snacks while she was in it lol. we started i think when she was like 6 months but we have a small house so the less we have up and out is better..shes almost one and hasnt used it in awhile theres no need for it
    mom_on_strike

Answer by mom_on_strike at 2:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I put my 5 month old in one now. He still just hangs out there and doesn't really understand the concept. My first son loved the walker after about 6 months. Be sure to not leave them around open steps. Also I would not leave them in there too long. It can affect the way they learn to walk. My son did not have trouble but the dr. warned me about it.
    JackJacksMomma

Answer by JackJacksMomma at 11:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The US is the only industrialized country that has not banned walkers. They are very dangerous.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:46 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• They are not dangerous if used right. That wasnt her question, I put my son in one at 5 months took him a week to figure out to go forward.. Your just a dumb parent that shouldnt have a child if you put them in a walker around stairs
    Newmommys101

Answer by Newmommys101 at 2:57 AM on Mar. 31, 2010