HE WON'T STOP SCREAMING

My son is 22 months old and since BIRTH he has done nothing but SCCRRREEEAAAMMM! I can't handle it anymore! I don't know what to do for him! He is aggressive and hits and throws major tantrums over NOTHING and is constantly balistic!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't handle this anymore!!!!!!!! WHAT CAN I DO??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• First of all, have you consulted his physician about it? Maybe there is something hurting him and no one has discovered it yet. Second of all, if you have all those bases covered, it is basically fine to let him throw at fit and cry- try taking him to his room, making sure it is fully safe and place him on his bed and shut the door. Do not come in until he has stopped his fit. Do not give him any attention while he is throwing a fit. He needs to know that this will not be tolerated. He does not need attention. For your sanity, and his safety, this is the only thing you can do.
    Anonymous

• When he was an infant did he have green, mucus stools? Constipation? Excessive spit up? Crying all the time? Slow weight gain? Only happy if he were eating then screamed and cried after? If 2 or more of these symptoms describe your son he could have a milk protein intolerance. You may have to cut out all dairy totally for 6 months. There is no way to tell if it is MSPI (milk soy protein intolerance) except to stop all dairy. It will take 2 to 3 weeks before you see a difference. This does not mean he is allergic to milk or diary nor does it mean he has a lactose intolerance (that really doesn't develop until age 10 or so). For further information check out www.mspiguide.org Good luck!
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 12:36 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i agree 100% with anon 1232...if he knows u react to it he could keep it up. but first talk to doc if u havent..good luck and remeber to breath and count...breath....1......2.....3......breath....1....2.....3.......xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OP here: My son does have MSPI. He has GERD and several other health issues. I have told his specialists what is going on and they brush it off. But I dunno what to do anymore or who to go to? DO I start all over at his normal pediatrician again? Go back to the specialists who won't listen to me? I dunno, know what I mean? But he has a milk protein and soy intolerance to the point that he gets blood in his stool from it. He is on reflux meds (omeprazole).

When he does throw his fits I try to just let him let it out, you know? But then he gets really violent and throws everything and hits me and our dogs (which are small dogs and one is a puppy). I do take him and put him in his bed and his room is proofed for him. I feel like all I do is leave him in his room all day b/c he is contstaly throwing a fit, you know? I feel bad for him but I dunno what else to do for him. I put him in his room for both our sanity, or else kwim?
    Anonymous