What do you think?

We we're going to have our wedding in June, but we had a fire, so we have to pay for the damage. So we're cancelling it until next year. Which we've told everyone we're waiting til next year, but we want to go ahead and have a small quick wedding. Where it will be just me, my fiance, my son & my sister (to watch my son) she's already agreed, but anyways. Now im wondering if anyone will be mad. Cause we dont really want anyone there, it's not really gonne be nothing special. Well it's gonna be special, cause were getting married, lol but u know what i mean. Anyways, We were planning on having a small party the day afterwards. And inviting everyone. But im still not sure. What should I do, tell them and ask them not to come (cause i think that would be kinda rude in a way) lol. Or go ahead and do it, and spring the surprise news?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Why don't you have a JP at the small party? That way you can share your special occasion with close family and friends and no one will be offended. Just a thought.
    momx3gx1b

Answer by momx3gx1b at 12:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i agree with the abouve.. get a small party together with good friends and family if its nice weather were u are have a nice BBQ. and have a JP marry u guys. a JP for us cost 80.00 plus we gave her a 20.00 tip. u can send invites for a very special day. and after let everyone know reason it was done this way was due to a fire.. ( sorry to hear about the fire xo ) and say but we wanted loved ones to be here..but if u cant do this then just go for it and explaine why u did it this way people should understand..best of luck.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 12:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That is the best way to do it!
    If people want to be mad over something that has nothing to do with them, then let them.
    This is a day about YOU and your new husband.

So often weddings turn into pleasing everyone else and the bride and groom get stressed out and exhausted.
    You can't please everyone and on YOUR day it should be everyone working to please YOU.

Maybe have a person designated to tell whiners to please leave the party so you don't have to be forced to listen to people bitching or have to deal with asking them yourself.
    I had one at my wedding. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 12:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2010