I'm thinking about calling it quits...

My boyfriend and I have been together for 6 months and I'm starting to question myself on whether I want to keep trying to make it work or not.Don't get me wrong I love him just alot of things have changed and so has he and I've tried talking to him about it and he says nothings wrong but I beg to differ.When we first got together everything was perfect he was everything I could have ever wanted,even him having kids already didnt bother me seeing how I have one of my own.He went from be loving and affectionate to nothing flat in 2 1/2 months and then I found out he really not an affectionate person,so I learned to adjust but he changed me in the process,Im a VERY loving and affectionate person and he made me tone it down and now half the time when I say I love you I either get an I love you,you too,or a big fat nothing so now I maybe only say it once a week because I'm not gonna say it if he's not gonna say it back.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• continued...
    He use to help me with the kids when they came over and now I do everything including bath time and its not easy bathing 5 kids and getting the all dressed let me tell ya.He's completley different when the kids are around and its not a good different.I mean his 3 yr old tells me she doesnt have to listen to me and all he says to her is when SOMEONE tells you to do something you do it an thats it.And everythime we go out with the kids I'm the one that trys to keep them in line becuase he doesnt pay any attention.I want the man back I fell in love with but I dont think thats gonna happen.What do you guys think I should do?
    Anonymous

• I'd hate to say it to you, but everything seems perfect in the beginning. You're a new couple in love, those endorphines are going, it's excitng and you think you've found the perfect man. In reality, there is no perfect man because we all have our flaws. ANd don't mold yourself to be the perfect woman for him because obviously he's not going to mold himself to be the perfect man for you, it's just not possible to do for anyone. So maybe instead of dumping him because he's not the man you THOUGHT he was when you first started going to together, accept his flaws or ask yourself is this really waht you want? Because if he is just not that affectionate and you are, than why should you change jus to please him? And why should you expect him to change just to please you? YOu either have to find a middle ground or part ways. It's a hard decision but requires alot of consideration.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 1:00 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• its only been 6 months get rid of him and move on, sounds like a real loser that faked who he was in the beginning just to get to you. dont waste your time pouting over him, i'm sure you can do better dont let this loser take advantage of your emotions, who shouldnt allow anyone change who you are just so they'll be happy. Trying to change you love and affection is BS and he's the one that needs to change.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I would let him go and let him go now.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• let him go.. sometimes men are only affectionate in the dating phase to catch the girl. honestly i wouldn't stay, not after knowing what i know now.
    TaiM

Answer by TaiM at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Time to move on. It's not going to get better, especially if you've already expressed your concerns and haven't seen a change. Everything is ALWAYS peachy in the begining. Too many of us act our very best, to get the mate we are seeking. It's wrong and weird and I thinks it's a definante flaw in humans, but it happens. Maybe next time you should wait a little longer. 6 months is NOTHING. It's just 6 months. Why are you taking care of his children and your own at 6 months? Maybe you should focus on that. I don't think any man (that is what you are looking for) would want you doing that. It's also a good idea to be with someone who makes you happy, and confident, and feel good about yourself. Not a weight holding you down. Good luck to you, relationships are definantly hard. Keep your head up and don't sway on your morals. You know what you need to do , do it with a smile :)
    ahcolree

Answer by ahcolree at 4:28 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• 6 months and this many issues? Not worth putting more time into in my opinion.
    Anonymous