anyone else in premenopause? TMI-

I'm told I'm to young for menopause unless it's early and I agree. I had one hot flash a few years back and believe me that was enough! I'm doing all I can to prolong menopause. (I'm 39)
I hate this and feel like my skin in crawling-
I hear so many women go on that they can't wait for menopause-I'm scared to death of it. I remember all to well the way my mom and my aunt were during this and I worry that my patience of job husband will go running scared, I'm scared of things like osteoporosis, the idea of no menstrual is NOT worth all else that goes along with it in my book.
I get weekly acupuncture for this any other reasons, but I want to prolong menopause as long as possible-
does anyone else have these fears?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 1:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• well, it did start as early as 30, and according to tests I've let med students do, I've got more calcium on my bones they they had!
    From what I've heard menopause is not a end to the hot flashes and crankiness- so that's one reason why I worry. that and most of the world seems in general ignorant to the situation.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I'm 40 and have been having the hot flashes and night sweats for about 3 years now. I started taking vitamins (E, Gingseng, and a multi+extra iron) and they have eased off.

The screwy periods are really annoying. Not having for several months and then WHAM ... cramps so bad that I have to stay in bed.

My hubby says he really can't tell any difference with mood swings ... ha ha very funny. He's probably right ... I'm a moody b*tch. Always have been.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Start taking some Black Cohosh. 5 generations of women in my family have used it everytime menopause came along, and it helped immensely. For insomnia, we use Valerian Root. Careful though, it will knock you out! Whatever way you use it, always follow the instructions closely.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I'm 42 and have been in full-blown menopause since I was 39. I had to have a total hysterectomy. For the first year I took hormone replacements. I gained A LOT of weight! Then I started reading about what is in those pills. Did you know that they contain pregnant horse pee? Yep, check it out yourself.

So I have been tuffing it out with the help of vitamins. The hot flashes are unbearable at times - I can fog up a window and sweat litterally pours off my body. But the good news is that they are beginning to lessen with the Black Cohosh virtamines that I have been taking. You can get these vitanimes almost anywhere.

I am very agitated most of the time. I feel like I am in a perpetual bad mood. I get angy quicker and I have a tendancy to yell more often. My poor child and husband thinks I am possessed sometimes. I have become more aware of this and try to take timeouts for myself when I feel this way.
    sonnalynn

Answer by sonnalynn at 1:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I'm 46 and I'm guessing I've been in menopause about 2 years.  I had a partial hysterectomy almost 9 years ago so the symptoms kind of crept up on me.

Fact #1.  You WILL go through menopause!  Sooner or later it is going to get you, so you will be much happier accepting it than fighting it.  The only way you will cheat it, is if you die first and that's really not a better option.

Fact #2.  There will be unpleasant symptoms that you will have to live with for a while.  There are some things that you can do to help ease this stage of your life but you will never be symptom free until is passes.  So again you will be much happier accepting this rather than fighting it.

I choose to celebrate this stage of my life but I'm still a woman, which means I have the inherent right to whine and bitch about it. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 3:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't take hormones, but get acupuncture and sometimes herbs for it. Wonder if that has anything to do with the weight gain I've had. Maybe a little.
    I know that menopause will come along, but from what I'm told 37 was young for full blown hot flashes. I still prefer to prolong it as long as I can. Since hysterectomies have become so common I'm finding that more and more people just expect women to have them eventually.
    I have no interest in having one unless I have to-
    I'd actually been asked from one time or another by young nurses- "you haven't had your hysterectomy yet?"
    so this is all new to me- and appreciate the advice- :)
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 12:14 PM on Mar. 29, 2010