Need advice for my NOS-PDD child

My 3 year old son has recently been diagnosed with NOS-PDD, lately he has been out of control, he screams constantly, has started hitting and biting, and just does not listen, Im not sure how to deal with this, I have trouble because Im not sure how much he understands?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated :) My husband and I are at our wits end! And my poor daughter is acting out too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• 1. Ask for advice from the doc who diagnosed him.
    2. Assume he can understand.
    3. Make your rules as simple as possible and stick with them. Rule #1 might need to be no hurting people.
    4. Decide what form of discipline you are going to use and stick with that. Probably you are going to have to make his room extremely safe and put him in there for "time out" when he is acting up.
    5. Look for a support group in your area. Around here you can call 2-1-1 and ask for stuff like that.

(((((((((((hugs))))))))))) to you and your family.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 1:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• What pp said is great advice. Join this group as well. I am part of it, and there are thousands of members.

It is one of the best support groups around online.

NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 1:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• His he getting any OT? if not look into that and ask for a sensory diet( its not a food diet). Also, look into social skills classes and behavioral classes. My son had this DX also. Good luck HUGS

mcqueenmom2

Answer by mcqueenmom2 at 2:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010