what do u think is the best way to lose 50pounds?

my baby girl is 3months old and i need to lose 50pounds.. I dont drink pop all i drink is water... I have cut out all bad carbs im eating healthy and working out 5 days a week but nothing is coming off. I have limited my calories to 1100 a day.. what eles can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• See a doc... check out your metabolism.

THE simple science to weight loss is.... Burn more than you eat. So if you're burning more calories than you eat you'll loose weight. Also keep in mind, a 2000 calorie diet is for a healthy active person. : ) ( My sis. who never works out thought she'd loose weight by eating less than 2000 calories. That's why I say this... :D )

How long have you been working out for? It won't show immediately. Good luck.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 1:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Have you tried doing a cleanse?
    Maybe clearing out your system and starting fresh will give your body a little jump start in the right direction.

I'm with you on the 50lbs. That's what I've got to lose to get down to pre-baby weight.
    I wish I had the metabolism I had when I was in my early 20's. Lol!
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• How long have you been doing these things? Sometimes, when you first start working out, you will actually gain weight or stay the same because you are building muscle and muscle weighs more than fat. Also, if you are doing the same workout routine all 5 days, you may want to change it up a bit. Good Luck!

Anonymous

• along with what the previous ladies have said, i always found cardio to be the best way to lose weight. And its good to change it up. like do a zumba-type class one or two days a week, swim one day a week, jump rope, jog, etc. There are all sorts of ways to do cardio....you have to find the ones that you like the best and will stick to the most.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 1:52 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Are you bfing? If you are I'm sorry I was in the same boat as you and year later still nothing was gone. The dr. checked me for everything and basically said you're one of the women that can't loose weight while bfing. Two months after I stopped I got pregnant again. So good luck and don't get too discouraged.
    Anonymous

• are you nursing your baby. if you are you don't need to diet now. you need eat good for your baby. I need to lose 5 pound, I do work out and eat healthy nothing happing. I don't know why either. good luck main thing make me gain is chocolate
    Anonymous

• you may be limiting your calories too much - if you do that your body can go into starvation mode and save every little calorie you take in.

Id' recommend using sparkpeople.com - they've got a ton of good workout builders, food tracking and different calculators to input your info to see how much exercise and what kind of calories you need.

also look into eating clean - its a healthy way to lose weight, get healthy. its not a diet, but a lifestyle change. and totally worth it.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• you could try "juicing" instead of full meals
    angevil53

Answer by angevil53 at 3:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You should see your MD about thyroid screening to rule out anything going on there.

Second, you've cut your calories back wwwaayyy too far. The more you weigh, the more calories you need ~ even when losing weight. It takes more energy to lift 20lbs then 10lbs, right? Well the same goes for your metabolism. It burns more calories moving 180lbs than it does moving 160lbs. As your weight goes down you cut back.

Third, your body needs a MINIMUM of 1200 calories a day just to perform basic biological functions. With any kind of activity you need even more. At my activity level I can eat almost 1900 calories a day and still lose 2lbs. a week.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 3:54 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• see your doctor and geyour health checked out. Then to a nutrictionaist. Second exercise an cut yur caloriesbut do it wisely. Remeber those pounds didn't accumulate overnight and it willtake just a long if not more to lose it. You all have me worried. I have IR and gained 6 pounds in a year.I have been put on a strict 1000-1200 calorie a day diet.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:06 PM on Mar. 28, 2010