How do you prevent stretch marks?

does those palmer cream helped?

Amy2079

Asked by Amy2079 at 2:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You don't prevent them. You can't. If you are ment to get them you will. It is in your genes.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• ^What she said....
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Keeping your skin well moisturized is your best defense. I used BioOil with my last and current pregnancy and haven't gotten any new ones, but I do have stretch marks from my 1st. I don't think it really matters so much what lotion/oil you use, just use it regularly and avoid scratching.

Answer by missanc at 2:19 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Agreed. The only thing that has been shown to help a little bit is a REALLY healthy diet and regular exercise. This helps by making you overall more healthy and giving you better muscle tone.

Stretchmarks are beautiful, though, they're the mark your baby leaves on your belly to remember them by :) I don't know why so many women hate them. I wear mine with pride (and they're pretty deep and visible even 2 years later).
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• drink lots and lots of water and yes palmers does help, but also exercise....that's very good for keeping your skin healthy...none of these are guaranteed but they will help A LOT
    Anonymous

• Do not get pregnant will work. Adopt.

Answer by louise2 at 2:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• stretch marks ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL...no one looks at a woman in a bikini and says "those stretch marks are sexy"...for us bikini moms, we take a little pride in our bodys
    Anonymous

• Vitamin E oil got rid of mine after I had my son. I'm sure it could help prevent them too.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 2:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Anon, I know MANY moms myself included that wear bikinis in the summer and NOONE can tell we have the stretch marks. Even one of my girlfriends told me she had them I did not belive her even. They fade over time. Geeze.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:29 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• QUOTING:::stretch marks ARE NOT BEAUTIFUL...no one looks at a woman in a bikini and says "those stretch marks are sexy"...for us bikini moms, we take a little pride in our bodys

I'm sorry you feel like you can't look like a mother and be beautiful. I never said I don't take pride in my body, in fact, I take a LOT of pride in my body. I just don't see what the big deal about stretchmarks is. Why do you have to look 17 to be beautiful? My belly is gorgeous with the stretchmarks, and my husband likes them too. They're the marks our daughter left behind.

Maybe if all you care about is appealing to shallow, over-sexed teenagers, then yeah, stretchmarks aren't beautiful. But look at your child and tell me they're not awesome and cool and BEAUTIFUL and totally worth it.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 5:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010