should the parents be charged with negelct if...

their older kids constantly beat on and bite a toddler?

this woman i know is being charged with abuse and had the younger child taken away, he is 2 yrs, cause her older boys ages 7 and 5 constantly beat bite hit..ect to the point where the child is covered head to toe with bite marks and bruises. they are being charged with abuse for not preventing the older kids from hurting the younger. i have 3 kids the same age but youngest is a girl, so i get the sibling "riverly" (sp?) but we also teach them to be nicer to each other...its a parents job to get involved in the kids' fights, and not sit back and say well boys will be boys...what are your thoughts? are they just as guilty of someone who intentionally hurt their kids? would you agree that is a parents job to prevent as much as possible the older boys from beating the youngest one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• she should be charged.It's a parents job to make sure your child is safe.Letting your older children bite and beat to the point of bruises is not protecting your child.
    starryeyez23

Answer by starryeyez23 at 3:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Totally guilty. You don't let your kids beat up on each other.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Absolutely!! I'm glad that baby is getting help.
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 2:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• yes..just as guilty
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 2:17 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• A 2 year old can not defend himself against a 5 year old, and certainly not a 7 year old. That was not just 'boys will be boys'.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• yes. it sounds like a very extreme case. i know that my SD 9.5 and my SS 6 would NEVER hurt their little sister (my daughter) 20 months old in such a manner. i can't imagine. they would be in serious trouble if they ever hit, bit, or purposely hurt her - even once.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Wow..she shold be relieved of her parenting athourity if she can't protect and prevent better than that...geeze.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:18 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• How sad for that baby. I have three boys and could never imagine letting the older two beat up and bite the baby. She should be charged. I do think they are just as guilty as someone who intentionally hurts their kids.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 2:20 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Thats sad but it kind of reminds me of what my sister would do to me when I was younger but it wasnt as bad or if it was my mom didnt know about it but one time my mom was shopping in the store and I was only about 4 months old or so and sis was around 3 1/2. Well my mom was trying to pick out some baby foods for me and everytime she would turn around to look for some I would start crying and she couldnt figure out why cause my sister would be sitting still in the basket. After about the third time a lady walked up to my mom and said that everytime she was turning around to get the babyfood that my sister was pinching me! How mean is that :( My mom said she pulled my sister out of the basket and busted her a**! Im not sure what I would do if I was the mom in that situation but I know for one thing that the oldest would of known I ment buisness after I was done with them. Im not big on the spanking thing but trust me there are
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Cont... other ways to get your point across. I have to say that I think its so funny when an african american lady just has to look at her kids and they behave right away lmao!! I used to babysit this kid and her mom being a black women would take off her shoe and the little girls eyes would get so big lol. I wish I had that kind of power/strength with my kids lol.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010