My daughter will be born withen the next few weeks and I was wondering.....

How soon can I paint her little toenails and what kind of polish to look for thats safest? I wont be painting her nails cause they always put there hands in there mouth just the toes, I think it will be so cute to do like a pretty pink.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:31 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• didn't paint any of my girls nails til they were about 2.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I didn't paint my daughters till within the last month...she is almost 21 months.

however, don't count on your daughter not putting her toes in her mouth.....my daughter played with her feet as well as her hands at different stages.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 2:34 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Please, do not paint your baby's toenails or fingernails. You can do without the cute for a while. While painting her toenails will keep her from eating the nail polish, the fumes can be toxic.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• my daughter was born in april, and i painted her toenails in july, so they were all pretty for summer..lol..as for the brand, i just used whatever i had, which i believe was sally hansen..as for safe, i dont know if any certain brand is "safe" for a baby, but i mean, as long as theyre not putting their toes in their mouths, i dont see the harm!! and my daughter never did that..sooooo..yaaa..she always had pretty toes :)
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• OMG I have seen so many newborns with there toes painted! My mom had all of ours done like a month after we were born and even had our ears peirced the same time. I guess I didnt know it was such a big deal but Im sure I can find a polish that is safe for baby. I was just hoping that someone could give me a brand name. I dont plan on putting it on her right away but pretty soon.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 2:39 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• get a low fume asthma friendly polish. they also make ones specifically for small children, although you'll likely find those online only.

It's temporary and adorable and not even in the same category as ear piercing...... enjoy it RIGHT AWAY, before the teeth come in. Once your princess has teeth you'll wanna wait til she's 2 1/2 or so and can keep her fingers out of her mouth.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• http://www.piggypaint.com/
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 2:58 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't do it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:21 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I also wouldn't do it...I've seen lots of babies who are apparently future Cirque du Soleil performers because they can get half their feet into their mouths!

But talk to your doc about it, OK?

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Mar. 29, 2010