Was adoption an option?

I was just curious, did any of you ladies consider adoption when you found out you were pregnant?

blakemom

Asked by blakemom at 2:35 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No way. My husband and I wanted a child and even considered adopting one when we were told that we could not have our own (we did eventually). If you are considering putting your child up for adoption, make sure you find a reputable agency that will give your child to a couple who yearns to have one, but cannot have their own. There are so many people out there who want a baby.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• i was 17 when i got pregnant. i considered it. but in the end i wanted to raise my own child. i graduated on time, and breastfed, and im still with her dad and she is almost 3. i would have regreted giving her up.
    Anonymous

• nope nope, but was considering adoption since I was paranoid we'd never conceive
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:41 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Yes. I had a family all lined up to take my son. But my DH refused to even discuss it. He said if I decided to give up the baby he would leave me and take him... so I kept the child in order to keep my DH.
    Anonymous

• i did for like a day and then i was like omg am i stupid no way would i be able to part with my baby. i want my baby and i'd be a darn good mom.

plus my parents said if i put my daughter up for adoption they would keep her until i was ready to raise her. lol
    mandy815

Answer by mandy815 at 2:47 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• With my first I did. I didn't do it because the idiot father scared me out of it.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:49 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I was adopted and didn't get pregnant until I was 25, so I can't say a whole lot. I do think if I would have gotten pregnant when I was a teen and before I went to college adoption would have been my only choice.

MiddletonFamily

Answer by MiddletonFamily at 2:57 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Never! I was pregnant at 13 and my boyfriends dad kept telling him to tell me to abort it at 5 and 6 months and then at 7-9 kept telling us to give it up for a adoption. What a turd like it had anything to do with him. He said that the baby and I were going to get in the way of his sons future but we graduated high school and he graduated college and know we have been married for 6 years and going on 10 years of being together. Suck on that! Mr. H
    LucyT20

Answer by LucyT20 at 3:07 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• With my first I did. Especially after his father took off. But I buckled down and decided I would regret giving him up, and got lucky. I started dating a guy, DH now, and happily everything fell together.
    Anonymous