As part of combating obesity in the US elevators will be eliminated. But elevators will use for some buildings. How many stories will you be willing to climb up for your health?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have sucessfully climbed 10 flights of stairs while pregnant. If I was carrying my kids I'd only do 1 or 2 tho.. those buggers are heavy and my 2 year old is slow!!

Glad you posted the answer about this really being only for fun and a fictitious scenario.. the ADA would never allow elevators to be eliminated.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 4:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Please don't take this in the wrong way but just so you know because I think this is part our History. The first elevator was invented by an African American.
    Anonymous

• elevators will never, ever be eliminated. ever. the ADA would not accept that.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:40 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Oh Please. With the passing of the Americans with Disabilities Act, ALL buildings where the public has access, have to be at minimum wheelchair accessible. Therefore, elevators will NOT be eliminated.

For the record...I ALWAYS take the stairs, and walk up escalators if fixed stairs are not available--like in malls.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:42 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I guess you never heard of Archimedes or Elisha Otis...
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• hibbi I've just realized that I post my question in the wrong category. It was meant to be in the "Just for Fun" category. OP

But true, they would never be eliminated they are so important for people with disabilities.
    Anonymous

• well I always take the stairs anyway so it makes no difference to me.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 2:43 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Is anybody going to answer the question. How many stairs are you capable of climbing?
    Anonymous

• Are you saying that African Americans can't be obese or did you just feel the need to throw in a useless fact?
    ArkTech

Answer by ArkTech at 2:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Yes, they must have handicapped access. I wouldn't believe it for a second. I usually take the stairs. When preggo, I may favor the elevator/escalator. Even with escalators, I usually walk up them, because it feels weird and I'm weird.
    brookebella

Answer by brookebella at 2:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010