6 wks and feeling movement maybe??

I'm 6 wks pregnant and when I woke up this morning I felt little bumps inside my belly it was like random light bumping and then later it was here and there one bump. I just got finished eating and my belly is doing that bump bump rapidly and it stops then one or two here and there. Ha just felt it again. I didn't feel movement with my daughter this early that I could remember I don't think I felt anything till about 9 wks so could that little seahorse in there but making movement already and could I really being feeling it this early?? I can't feel it with my hand I just feel it inside? Oh and why is it that sometimes my lower belly feels firm sometimes then feels like loose flab just confused any answers would really be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's most likely just gas. The baby shouldn't be big enough yet for you to feel moving around in there.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Bloating and gas. It is WAY to early to be showing or feel movement. Your uterus is not above your pelvic bone until closer to 12 weeks and the baby right now is about the size of a sesame seed. You are having bloating and gas bubbles.

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:48 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You should actually start to feel your baby moving around the 16th week of pregnancy. While it could somehow be possible to feel your child's movement, you may just be feeling gas bubbles or muscles stretching.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Aw... the butterflies!

Yes it's due to your baby... Many say you can't feel it move yet, but I beg to differ... it's all how you look at it... Your babies growing, muscles stretching, gas from baby... It's all from your baby! :D It's how I pretty much knew I was pregnant, your stomach and pelvis area just feels different.

Congrats!
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:55 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• The earliest I ever felt anything was 14 wks. I have heard of women saying like 10 or 11 wks but 6? The baby is way way too small now.
    Anonymous

• The embryo (it's still an embryo, not a fetus yet) is only 1/8 of an inch long. You're definitely not feeling it move.
    Anonymous

• the baby it the size of a small olive at six weeks...you have gas, you can't feel it moving
    Anonymous

• I don't think it's the baby. At 6 weeks old, they don't exactly move yet. I had an ultrasound at 8 weeks and it just looked like a peanut - no defined limbs or anything. Certainly no backflips. There was no movement on the ultrasound, just a heartbeat. So, no, I don't think it's the baby moving unless your due date is waaaaaaaay off and you're actually much further along. The feeling you've described sounds exactly like early fetal movements though. Maybe you're farther along?
    Anonymous