Hell?

I was just watching a show on History channel about hell and the devil. The people they had on talking were simply breaking people into 2 categories, good and evil. Those accepted god and did everything for him would go to heaven, those who didn't would go to hell.

Do you feel that its that simple? What about someone who doesn't accept god but lives a good life w/o other sin? Because they don't accept god should they be banished to hell with the murderers and rapists? Is it simply black and white? No grey area?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I, personally, do not believe its that simple. Life is messy and thrilling and ugly and beautiful... never that simple.

I also dont believe in hell nor in the christian heaven.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 6:10 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• According to the Bible, one must believe in God and accept his son, Jesus Christ, as his savior to have one's sins forgiven and be admitted into heaven.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:11 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• That's what my mom tells me...she said because i haven't been "saved" and accepted Jesus..that even though I may live my life perfectly other than that...that I am going to hell and she won't be seeing me in the afterlife. She beat me growing up, commited adultery..etc, but, she is going to heaven because she got baptised and saved. LOL
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:12 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Don't believe in Hell. That said if I'm wrong, I find the idea that a mass murderer who repents on his deathbed gets to go to heaven while the non-believer in god who has lived a good life gets sent to hell an absolute absurdity.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• You must remember that when you say that a person "lives a good life" that you are comparing the term "good life" in man's terms, not God's. No one is without sin, but sin can be forgiven once they are confessed and Jesus is accepted as the savior.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 3:13 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• So, I should do whatever in the world I feel like right up to the end...then, believe and ask for forgivness and all will be right with the world? That is pure baloney.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 3:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't want to believe in that kind of god. I don't know why anyone would.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:22 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• God should be capitalized as you would anyone's name. We all sin, I don't believe in a hell, I do believe God will take care of the sins of the unrepentant in his own way.
    Anonymous

• Well if you are talking sin, then it has to be that black and white. Believing in sin is believing in hell, b/c of the direct associations.

I think that the grey area depends on how open minded  and aware a person is. The catch is - the more you expand your state of spirutal awareness, the less room for circular logic of Good vs Evil.

sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 3:46 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't believe in Hell, so no. Life is full of Gray! No Black and white!

But I own the special I think you saw and it's rather good.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:56 PM on Mar. 28, 2010