giving a 2 yr old chores?

my 2yr dd loves to help out with the housework my older boys 7 and 5 already have chores they have to do. lately i been having my 2 yr old feed and water the cats and put trash bags in the trash cans, clean her room and put her clothes that belong in her dresser away...she is capable of doing these things and seems to enjoy them, we(DH,myself and my older kids) give her praise after completing the task( saying "yay" you such a big girl" hugs and kisses, even the boys gives her hugs lol) i been told that i shouldnt have her doing chores cause she is too young...or even with my boys for that matter they vacuum and steam the floors( we got that shark steamer and the boys are so intrigued by it), im always present when they do their chores and with everyone helping things get done faster...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think what she is doing is fine, I don't think it should be called chores. Everyone in the family should help with the things that need to be done. Calling daily activities chores it giving it a bad name. It sounds like you are doing great with getting your kids involved.

We homeschooled so we used our home a lot. We usually didn't have asigned household tasks. We all did stuff at the same time to get everything done so we could do something else we wanted to do. For example, we would neaten everything up in the evening before watching a movie. It can be called a "first, then" in parenting skills talk. First we will pick up the toys, then we will go to the park.

I hope this helps.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 3:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Those are healthy lifestyle chores.

More parents should give'm. As soon as the toddler is willing to participate. My 4 year old likes to mop: ) He cleans his own room.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 3:14 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Sounds like you have something good going on and it's working for you! If she wants to be a big helper don't stop her, lol, enjoy it!
    I wish my household ran that well, so just feel blessed and keep up the good work
    Anonymous

• why wouldn't you do that? really, my 2 clean up and feed the dog... they are 2 and 4. they even help me cook. it shows them all that is put into keeping the home together, and don't make such big messes... sometimes. lol.
    gracefulsky

Answer by gracefulsky at 3:16 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• I don't see a problem with it. It's not like you're having her re-seed the lawn!
    Anonymous