What do i do about this anxiety and depression?

I'll try and make this short. I have had bad anxiety my whole life. I have been on Klonopin and librium, I recently stoped klonopin, because i'm a recovering alcoholic and it caused me to crave alcohol for some reason. I was put on librium for coming off alcohol. I have been alcohol free for 2yrs now and i don't want to run back to self medicate, but im not only full of anxiety now, im depressed for no reason. I'm a 25yr old mother of 3 and my life it so good, but i stress about everything and that brings on migrains and i just don't know what to do anymore. I was in the hospital in october for a brain bleed and high blood pressure and they gave me valium for my attacks and depression and it worked wonders but knowone will give that to me outside the hospital they say it is too adictive. i hate medicine, but i know it is coming to that im tired of being miserable. i can go 2wks on a super natural, cont

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Health

• Please don;t take this the wrong way, but I think you need to work with a good psychotherapist to track WHEN you become anxious and WHEN you become depressed. There HAS to be a trigger or catalyst that send you into one extreme or the other! I also think you should look at your diet--do you consume a lot of caffeine or sugary products? Do you make time for yourself--quiet alone time, meditative time, work out time?

I found when I was in the fast paced career track prior to having my children and settling down, I NEEDED to work out at the gym daily--to burn off the "anxiety" and keep me from becoming overwhelmed and consequently "depressed" or doubting of my abilities. I needed a healthy outlet to balance my work schedule and demands.

Even when I was a SAHM I made it a point to meditate and relax when my children were sleeping/napping. Now that I'm working again, I make time to hit the gym--even for a class or an hour!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 3:32 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• happiness and then i go 2wks so depressed and full of anxiety, and on edge. the depression is a new symptom. just please someone who is been here or knows someone who has been here. advice please. thank you
    Anonymous