will you help me find my motivation?

i NEED to go through the kids' clothes and get rid of ones that dont fit and see what we need for summer...i keep puttin it off...i think i need a pep talk

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Might sound dumb, but for me, it works. When I have a "laundry" chore that I need to force myself to do I always start by making my bed up really nice. Then I proceed to DUMP all the laundry that HAS to be dealt with on top of my beautifully/freshly made bed. I don't know if it helps me put it in perspective or what - but for whatever reason I can't stand that big pile on my bed. So that forces me to deal with the issue, rather it be folding dried laundry, purging dressers or cleaning out closets.

I've also started something new.... I put a plastic tub in my laundry room; when anything that's been stained, torn or otherwise just too old, small or not desirable anymore comes across my eye, I throw it in the tub - about once a month I throw the tub of clothes out. (this doesn't exactly help with those clothes that need to be donated - just with throw-away clothes) BUT it does help.
    ItsNotSoBad

Answer by ItsNotSoBad at 3:37 PM on Mar. 28, 2010

• Well I don't know how old your kids are but I make my kids do it. LOL it is inspiration for them to see what they are getting rid of then what they need new.
    I have to do my closet too, good luck. I need a plan I keep trying and then fail. So perhaps do one drawer? the bottom one--then maybe you will get inspired to do more.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 4:15 PM on Mar. 28, 2010