creative/crafty idea for school PIOG

Okay so my son's school is having a vocabulary parade next Thursday for the CRCT words. They are each given a word and must make a hat to represent it and have the word on it. Normally I am very creative but my son got a stupid word and I am at a lose. Everything I come up with is girly or feels thrown together. His 'word' is Flag Day. (It's not even a word!!) Anyway I looked around and found some flag sequent patches and iron ons but they seem girls. As does the red white and blue ribbon and other frilly things. Sticking little paper flags into a cap feels like I put forth zero effort. I don't want it to look thrown together! I know this is for the kids but lets face it the other parents will be inner judging and I don't want to come off as lazy or last minute. HELP ME!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:51 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• "...the other parents will be inner judging....." ~ LOL So true! You know they do it! lol

Im thinking flags, celebration, fireworks....kaboom! Some spikey, shiney RW&B, tinsel. Im thinking of a particular party favor that is fringed and shiny. Have you seen it?
    What else could you do for fireworks? A cut up cupcake paper with glitter? Spikey toothpicks? A giant painted toilet paper roll painted red and yarn fuse for a giant firecracker?
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:00 PM on Mar. 29, 2010

• I just looked online and I saw a RW&B pinwheel. You could stick them all over the hat and give him a battery held hand fan...cute!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 7:03 PM on Mar. 29, 2010