Sunday Law?

Ok reading into the Seventh Day Adventist doctrine and read about suday law. Now SDA's believe that if you go to church on Sunday you are in the wrong and in fact *when it becomes law that you HAVE to go to church on Sunday* that if you do go on sunday you will receive the mark of the beast. Saturday observance is the seal of God at that time. I have a problem with this. If saturday observance is the seal of God then salvation is based on a work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Mar. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Another problem is that aren't the Christians still worshiping God? The bible states it doesn't matter what day you worship on. To not give a brother grief over what holiday or sabbath day is observed. As long as it praises God. Now how are christians worshipping Satan on Sunday if they are still praising God? Wouldn't Satan NOT want God to get any recognition?
    Anonymous

• exactly and that teaching is based on a false doctrine from a false prophet. sad that ppl are bound by that teaching.. if that teaching is true and salvation is based on works then Christ's blood was shed for nothing.... again false teaching.
    Anonymous

• I know there are SDA's on here can't any answer my question please?
    Anonymous

• The TEN COMMANDMENTS are not called the TEN SUGGESTIONS. Keeping sabbath is important. In fact all throughout the bible it is repeated just how important it really is. To say otherwise is a false doctrine and lie.
    Anonymous

• Show me where please it says to keep the sabbath AFTER Jesus's sacrifice...
    Anonymous

• *when it becomes law that you HAVE to go to church on Sunday* that if you do go on sunday you will receive the mark of the beast. Saturday observance is the seal of God at that time. I have a problem with this
    ----------
    It's not about when you attend church services, but offering God the worship He desires most---obedience. God's law is eternal, and when it is made void, He will act. (Psalms 119:126 ) The Sabbath honors Him as the God of creation, it is the only one of the TC which tells Whom,why, and how. It is also the only which begins with "REMEMBER", and the only one people want to forget.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 5:40 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

----------
    There are people who worship the best way they know how, and God accepts this. BUT when we know the truth, He expects us to obey. We can not do anything we want and call it "worship". Creation is the mark of God's authority and the Sabbath points us back to the Creator. Sunday is a man-made institution. Whom will we serve? Whose word will we take? The seventh day has been blessed and hallowed by GOD, man is the "hallower" of the venerable day of the sun. Words and profession of faith are not enough, obedience is the only true form of worship. cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:07 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

• Wouldn't Satan NOT want God to get any recognition?
    -----------
    If we keep a day other than the one set aside by the Creator, who really receives the worship? If we continue to break the law after we know the truth, we become Satan's subjects by default.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:09 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

---------------
    The Sabbath is the doctrine of God, the Eternal, the Creator of the universe. Salvation is based on obedience to God,Amen? James 2:14 says,
    "What does it profit, my brethren, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can faith save him? "

He gives the answer in verses 17-18:
    "Thus also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith, and I have works.” Show me your faith without your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. "

Jesus said, "if ye love Me, keep my commandments"(John 14:15). Aren't the TCs His? Isn't He the God of Creation? The New testament as well as the old? cont.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:20 AM on Mar. 29, 2010

-------------
    How about I show where Jesus HIMSELF knew that it would be kept YEARS after His sacrifice and ressurection and ascension?
    Matthew 24:20- "And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath"

He was prophesying about the destruction of Jerusalem by the Roman army which occurred 70 AD. Why would Christ be concerned that people observe the Sabbath day at a time that would have been about 40 years after His death if His death was supposed to abolish it? He wouldn't have.
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 6:37 AM on Mar. 29, 2010